Prospect Info: Ethan Phillips, Centre, 97th Overall

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
79 on TSN. Apparently has a very high ceiling and rose in the rankings fast. I’m good with this pick, though would have preferred a winger.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
96.) Ethan Phillips, Centre, Sioux Falls Stampede, USHL, 5’9″ 150 lbs

Phillips is a smaller skater who makes up for that lack of size with excellent skating ability. He is a real threat on the rush, as once he gets a step on a defender he can blow by them and cut to the net. Add in excellent agility and Phillips can manoeuver through traffic both with and without the puck. He does not let his size get in the way of playing a gritty game, as he fights hard in the corners and in front of the net. With the puck on his stick, Phillips plays the role of playmaker, making passes through tight seams and setting up teammates for scoring chances. His shot is decent but could improve with more muscle on his frame.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Also going to Boston University like Mastrosimone.

Could be a dynamic duo.
Not 100% sure of this. He was taken by the Mooseheads in this years draft. Thought I seen an interview somewhere he was excited to come to camp. Not sure though

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Wait... wasn't the lady that was shocked at the Kotkaniemi pick Zadina's billet parent? Is she Phillips' mom?

Canadiens-shock-fans-draft-Jesperi-Kotkaniemi-3rd-overall-Montreal-Video.jpg

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
BU is looking pretty stacked next year. I’m guessing Trevor Zegras and Jake Wise will slot as their top 2 centers. Curious to see if Phillips slots in as the 3rd line center or if he will get to play on the wing with 1 of those 2 guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->