GDT: "Etch-A-Sketch101: Back to the Basics"|Oilers vs. Panthers|11.05.13|5:30PM|SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'm expecting a Ryan Smyth Hat Trick from Smytty tonight.

A goal banked in off him, a howitzer from the half boards and a hooking penalty.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
"Getting away from the atmosphere in Edmonton I think is really good for us just to kinda find our way"

Don't put it in quotes if it isn't an actual quote.

It doesn't sound bad in the video. He's only saying that it'll be nice to be on the road for a bit because it will give them a chance to find their game without worrying about all of the negativity going on around them.

He's gonna have to be careful even if it's a fairly innocent quote(heard much the same from many Oiler players over the years).

Fans are angry and lashing out, and the last thing the team needs is fans running it's best player out of town.

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Panther fan here,

Hoping for an exciting game from both sides, this game may set a record for most 1st round picks playing in one game. I heard the other night we had 11...........yes 11 1st rounders suited up for us.

I'm curious how many Oilers are 1st rounders playing tonight?

Good game and here's to no injuries! I feel your pain looking at your injury list, we know all too well about the injury bug.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Panther fan here,

Hoping for an exciting game from both sides, this game may set a record for most 1st round picks playing in one game. I heard the other night we had 11...........yes 11 1st rounders suited up for us.

Good game and here's to no injuries! I feel your pain looking at your injury list, we know all too well about the injury bug.

The first rounders playing for the Oilers tonight are:

Dubnyk
Eager
Eberle
Gagner
Gordon
Hemsky
Nugent-Hopkins
Smid
Smyth
Yakupov

so 10 first rounders. Hall and Perron are both injured.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
He's gonna have to be careful even if it's a fairly innocent quote(heard much the same from many Oiler players over the years).

Fans are angry and lashing out, and the last thing the team needs is fans running it's best player out of town.

Don't worry, they've done it plenty before.

friction

5-14-6-1
Nov 17, 2003
Calgary
Panther fan here,

10 by my count!

We could have three more if we didn't have injuries/crappiness. (Perron, Hall, Grebeshkov)

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida
Panthers fan. Gonna be a 1st round fest tonight. Both teams have been struggling. Hope it's a fun game! Good luck!

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
"Getting away from the atmosphere in Edmonton I think is really good for us just to kinda find our way"

Don't put it in quotes if it isn't an actual quote.

It doesn't sound bad in the video. He's only saying that it'll be nice to be on the road for a bit because it will give them a chance to find their game without worrying about all of the negativity going on around them.

The atmosphere where their play is actually being held accountable by fans? Okay then...

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The first rounders playing for the Oilers tonight are:

Dubnyk
Eager
Eberle
Gagner
Gordon
Hemsky
Nugent-Hopkins
Smid
Smyth
Yakupov

so 10 first rounders. Hall and Perron are both injured.

So collectively we will have possibly 20-22 1st rounders playing tonight. That's got to be a record of some sort.

Barkov
Huberdeau
Gudbranson
Bjugstad
Kulikov
Bergenheim
Boyes
Goc
Gomez
Jovanovski (not playing)
Upshall
Whitney (scratched possibly)

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
I'm curious what game they are going to find that they couldn't find on the last road trip?

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
Don't worry, they've done it plenty before.

I found this story on hockeybuzz:

"I just wanna see an honest effort and some emotion in the games. It was funny last Detroit game. Some fans through there hats and jersey on the ice after the game"

Any truth to this?

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I found this story on hockeybuzz:

"I just wanna see an honest effort and some emotion in the games. It was funny last Detroit game. Some fans through there hats and jersey on the ice after the game"

Any truth to this?

If it's true, that would be a wicked video. Would have to scare the hell out of some of the big wigs for tons of people to be able to see that after a game like that one.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I had dreams of taking the day off work and driving down to Sunrise to catch the game, but the way the Oilers have been playing.... I've decided to match their intensity and sit on my ass. I'm content on being a 3rd tier fan and watch on GCL.

fysloc

Dec 23, 2011
I created a chart to show a yearly analysis of GDT quality Vs. Oiler performance, to prove that HFOil is indeed better than the Oilers themselves.

xwpcQxK.png

So according to this, we should just not even be on HFboards at all and the oilers will give 100% effort. Sounds good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->