GDT: "Etch-A-Sketch101: Back to the Basics"|Oilers vs. Panthers|11.05.13|5:30PM|SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr McV

Oct 9, 2008
Penticton
With the Oilers losing 4-2 in the 3rd, the cameraman pans the Oiler's press box.
There's Mac T eating an apple. Cue HFOil meltdown.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I am telling myself that if they lose this game I stop watching the rest of the year. Don't know if I can manage that but gonna try it if they lose.

This is exactly the kind of game the Oilers should win and win handily. One of the few teams that is as terrible as them. But exactly the kind of team that demolishes the team over and over again.

I think the Oilers have a much better team on paper. Both teams have tons of potential that most likely will never get to where they should be.

If they do manage to win my expectations are still in the $%^&er but at least this "COULD" be the first step in the right direction for a team that really shouldn't be able to get any worse.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I created a chart to show a yearly analysis of GDT quality Vs. Oiler performance, to prove that HFOil is indeed better than the Oilers themselves.

xwpcQxK.png

I dispute the latest Oilers outlier spike to 7%.:D Never happened, this is flat out flatlining if I ever seen it.

This is get the paddles out, contact, and see if we can impede rigor mortis..rinse, lather, repeat, 67games, left. Hopefully theres a pulse.

Good think people don't pay much in Florida to see this entertainment. WHA was vastly superior to this.

ps I'm bringing down the posting quality %, sorry guys, I'll dial it up and do better sometime. maybe not on this roadtrip depending..:p:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I am telling myself that if they lose this game I stop watching the rest of the year. Don't know if I can manage that but gonna try it if they lose.

"COULD" be the first step in the right direction for a team that really shouldn't be able to get any worse.
I try to tell myself this but then I notice I still live in Edmonton, its winter, and this is technically NHL hockey, and this is technically the Oilers and chances are I'll watch..

boo me

Velocirapture

The Evil User
Jun 10, 2009
Edmonton, AB
The internet hides my verbal diarrhea well.

Not sure i'm going to waste my time watching these bums anymore. Enough is enough. I'll check scores when all is said and done, but i'm done letting myself be frustrated over it.

When they can muster a .500 record over the course of a season i'll be back to watching, then i can count on enjoying half the games at least, as opposed to 10%.

McDeathbyCheerios*

The internet hides my verbal diarrhea well.

Not sure i'm going to waste my time watching these bums anymore. Enough is enough. I'll check scores when all is said and done, but i'm done letting myself be frustrated over it.

When they can muster a .500 record over the course of a season i'll be back to watching, then i can count on enjoying half the games at least, as opposed to 10%.
I watch again if they can even manage a .500 in a 4 game span

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I watch again if they can even manage a .500 in a 4 game span

Yeah, I'm more this. Lacking viewing discipline. Although most of that due to how poor I consider most of the other options on TV are. More channels, more dreck.

choose life

when I gets motivated and its not dangerously slippery out there..:rant:

HemksyCares

Sep 29, 2013
If the Oiler performance is crippling to your mental health, a break from this board is the best treatment option.... group pessimism only makes it worse, no?

Expecting a better effort away from the library that is rexall place. I know, I know, fans don't have anything to cheer for, but perhaps leaving the pressure of playing at home is what the doctor ordered. We don't seem to utilize the last change anyways.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Our goalie lets in 4 in the first and gets pulled.
Whoever is backing up lets in 3 in 5 shots.

We lose the game 8-0.

Post game comments:

"I have no idea what's going on"
"We didn't put in another effort all round"
"We need to get back to basics"
"We need to play 'our' game"

Unfortunately, I think that IS our game

Cool GDT btw!

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
If the Oiler performance is crippling to your mental health, a break from this board is the best treatment option.... group pessimism only makes it worse, no?

Expecting a better effort away from the library that is rexall place. I know, I know, fans don't have anything to cheer for, but perhaps leaving the pressure of playing at home is what the doctor ordered. We don't seem to utilize the last change anyways.

I really don't think we're any better on the road. The suckage is 82-fold. Besides, the microscope follows them. They know we're all watching back home.

Your general optimism should be commended though, honestly (no sracarsm at all).

Let's go Oilers, 70-10-2.

EDIT: Really awesome GDT.

McSaviour

Mar 6, 2013
Edmonton

Hall said yesterday in his interview when asked about being on the road "it's nice to be away from Edmonton"

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
Hall said yesterday in his interview when asked about being on the road "it's nice to be away from Edmonton"

Wait, did he actually?

What a *****. Maybe if you didn't try to toedrag around everyone, and realized that's not something in your skillset you would actually produce something and our team wouldn't be so ****.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I know we blow everything way out of proportion and context...but I could see Hall asking for a trade as a soon as next year.

He's beginning to sour.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton

"Getting away from the atmosphere in Edmonton I think is really good for us just to kinda find our way"

Don't put it in quotes if it isn't an actual quote.

It doesn't sound bad in the video. He's only saying that it'll be nice to be on the road for a bit because it will give them a chance to find their game without worrying about all of the negativity going on around them.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
We all know Smyth does not recieve too many accolades, on these boards, but a least he gets in front of the crease ...
Hopefully Gags or Yak can bank a few shots off him, into the net tonight....

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
still a stupid thing to say. they shouldn't have put themselves in position to suffer from negativity at home in the first place. they would be better off showing some balls and dealing with it instead of whining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->