Esposito vs Crosby vs Sakic vs Ovechkin vs Hull

What should Gretzky do?

• Total voters

Jun 15, 2007

You're down by 1 goal with 5 seconds left in the game. You're Wayne Gretzky with the puck behind the net.

What do you do?

1) Pass to Ovechkin at the left circle for a one timer.

2) Pass to Crosby so he can take a backhand.

3) Pass to Hull at the point for a slapshot.

4) Pass to Sakic at the right circle for a wrist shot.

5) Throw it out front to Esposito and hope he bangs it in.

Last edited:

TheSilverSkeeter

Sponsor
Oct 27, 2011
STL
He'd open a lane with a deke and pass to Esposito in the slot. Or if the opportunity presented itself, he might just go for option 6 and bank it in off of a defenseman's skate.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
I don’t know how Gretzky could feed OV for a one timer from behind the net, but at the same time, it’s Gretzky, so we can expect the unexpected.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Crosby backhander is so clearly last here

Yeah. I'm a big Crosby fan, and think his backhander is pretty great, but it's not the type of shot you take off a pass behind the net with 5 seconds to go lol. Go for the one-timer.

OV is the obvious answer. In fact i'd vote for #1 regardless of which of the 5 names you put for that option, and regardless of how you reshuffle the other 4 names. I think that's the play/shot that makes most sense.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
It would depend on how the defense is positioned, but while the Ovechkin shot is the best option in general, the fact that Gretzky is a lefty, the pass to Ovechkin is difficult. He either has to pass across the crease from the left side which will likely get picked off or deflected, pass on his backhand, or come out on the right side which gives more time for the defense to collapse. Crosby doesn't make much sense as a backhanded one timer is never the best option, and Hull is further away. I think Sakic is the best option in terms of distance, shot and how well easily Gretzky can get it to him due to handedness. Esposito can then try to deflect or pot in a rebound if necessary

Last edited:

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
If I'm Gretzky, I let my instincts decide. There is no wrong choice.

I love that graphic though. Good thread just because of it.

That should be an option. "I don't know, but love the graph, bro".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->