ESPN's mock draft

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Ladies, Gentlemen and others...

I apologize for upsetting everybody with the attached Mock Draft but There are a couple factors that need to be explained before the HF readers banish me to the woodshed forever...:}

First of all, this Mock Draft was completed at the conclusion of the Under 18 Championships and I specifically asked that a caveat be attached indicating that the Draft order was significantly different then the way the article was listed. At the time of the writing of the Mock Draft, that was the order that ESPN gave me and it was to be posted then but for some reason, they kept delaying it until it appeared yesterday. I sent a note indicating that I wanted to edit it after the order became finalized but I didn't get a reply. As for the attacks on me, they are fine because they are peoples opinions but please note that I didn't get fired from ISS and for some unknown reason, I do have some credibillity in the scouting world despite my best efforts to destroy it...:) If people object to my evaluations, that is great and be assured your thoughts do interest me but I thought I had to defend ESPN and myself and explain the reasons for the errors when it came to the Draft Order...Anyhow, keep up the great work and keep up the arguments against my evaluations coming because although I'm not going to change my evaluations, I think some of the posters make some great points...
Enjoy this weekend...

Mark

Nicely done. That, at least explains the glitch in the draft order. As a Ranger, though, I hope the Rangers go nowhere near Gillies...Pacioretty, Backlund, Eller, Mayorov and Petrecki all fits the Rangers much better.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
WOW. a lot of mistakes in the draft order. LOL.

and the mock draft?? hmmmm..... i dont like it.

ukyote

User, Interrupted
Dec 19, 2005
London, England
I clicked the X the second I saw my Yotes picking Gagner at 3. Who reads ESPN for hockey anyway?!

edit: Yep, maybe I should read the thread first. Damn my laziness!!!

Last edited:

MrAlfie

yup.. so espn ****ed up... again.

i don´t know why you defend espn on this one Mr. Seidel since they are responsible for this dilemma and don´t even care to respond to your emails.

but yea either way... Turris at 6.. I don´t think so

KingofSpain

Mar 5, 2002
Windsor, ON
Visit site
Wow that draft is hilarious. Turris going to 6th is a complete joke. Not a chance Washington passes on Turris for Alzner, nothing against Alzner, but Turris is a potential superstar and can centre their second line(or first).

Okay, so there is absolutely no chance at all that Washington prefers Alzner over Turris? May I ask which member of the Capitals' scouting staff told you this or is it directly from George McPhee himself? Can you tell what the rest of their ranking look like since you're so positive about their opinions?

Every single couchseat GM thinks they know everything. Give the guy a break, just because his opinion differs from yours or the consensus doesn't make his invalid or wrong. People on this site always say things like "this player won't be picked this high" or "that player will never go before this player". No one had Blake Wheeler going fifth overall but it happened.

I personally enjoyed the fact that he put Gagner so high. Clearly he must value him more than most people do or believe that he fits Phoenix's needs better than Turris and company. It made the mock draft interesting, a lot more so than just another copy and paste offering from around here.

ukyote

User, Interrupted
Dec 19, 2005
London, England
Okay, so there is absolutely no chance at all that Washington prefers Alzner over Turris? May I ask which member of the Capitals' scouting staff told you this or is it directly from George McPhee himself? Can you tell what the rest of their ranking look like since you're so positive about their opinions?

Every single couchseat GM thinks they know everything. Give the guy a break, just because his opinion differs from yours or the consensus doesn't make his invalid or wrong. People on this site always say things like "this player won't be picked this high" or "that player will never go before this player". No one had Blake Wheeler going fifth overall but it happened.

I personally enjoyed the fact that he put Gagner so high. Clearly he must value him more than most people do or believe that he fits Phoenix's needs better than Turris and company. It made the mock draft interesting, a lot more so than just another copy and paste offering from around here.

You're right about Wheeler, and we'll see how that works out I guess!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad