ESPNews to televise segments of lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.

X0ssbar

Apologies in advance if this has already been posted - mods feel free to delete if redundant.

"ESPNews is going to show live segments of the NHL draft lottery between 4 and 4:30 p.m. ET on Friday - including the live selection of the top two picks. The NHL draft lottery results in their entirety will be shown live on Canadian television network TSN, which will be airing the entire half hour without interruption."

Link

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Dan Galvin said:
Better than nothing i guess.

That is pretty much nothing, they are going down from 30-1 I thought so by the time they are down to the first 2 picks its going to be obvious who is going to get them.

Phil333

Dec 26, 2003
New York City
FLYLine4LIFE said:
That is pretty much nothing, they are going down from 30-1 I thought so by the time they are down to the first 2 picks its going to be obvious who is going to get them.

No matter which order they do it in, ESPNews' coverage is a joke. NHL.com or your local hockey network are 100x better options. (see thread about MSG and Altitude picking up the press conference/lottery)

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Why would they go down....all the teams with the most balls would have a better chance to get 30th pick than 1st.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
nyr7andcounting said:
Why would they go down....all the teams with the most balls would have a better chance to get 30th pick than 1st.

When they pick the balls behind closed doors that will go up...but I heard the annoucment will start from 30 and go down.

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
Ok, but if we are talking about what is being televised on ESPNnews, it's obviously the actually selections of the first 2 balls, otherwise it wouldn't need to be on TV. If that's the case, it wouldn't be the 30th and 29th place picks, because that doesn't make any sense.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Phil333 said:
No matter which order they do it in, ESPNews' coverage is a joke. NHL.com or your local hockey network are 100x better options. (see thread about MSG and Altitude picking up the press conference/lottery)
this isnt for the hardcore fan though. this is for the sports fan who will be watching epsn news on fri. coverage, small or not, is good for the league. yet fans still compalin. gee, wonder why this league struggles. fans complain about anything mainstream and the league refuses to get rid of things that clearly make the sport bad and add things that would clearly make the sport good. ITS TRADITION, blah blah blah

ladybugblue

May 5, 2004
Edmonton, AB
Phil333 said:

I would love to watch it but I am on the road and will only have satelite radio...ESPNews will be my only coverage...that is too bad as I would have liked more coverage.

rabi

Feb 27, 2002
Lancaster, NY
Visit site
nyr7andcounting said:
Ok, but if we are talking about what is being televised on ESPNnews, it's obviously the actually selections of the first 2 balls, otherwise it wouldn't need to be on TV. If that's the case, it wouldn't be the 30th and 29th place picks, because that doesn't make any sense.

UGH!!!!!!!!

ESPNews will break in when the top two selections are ANNOUNCED, not actually picked...

What is so hard for everyone to understand that the actual selection will NEVER, EVER be televised!????!?!?!?!?!?!

Renholder

Racing like a pro
Jun 24, 2005
montreal
And then the Lord said.... :biglaugh:

It's good stuff, they budged. Espn sucks though, and they have the guts to say that they market the game as best as humanely possible? Ugh, I'm lucky I live in Canada and get Tsn, Rds and Sportsnet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->