ESPN Website Adds Wrestling Section

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I was happy to see Sasha on the front page of ESPN initially. Then an hour later, they changed it to Conor McGregor. Pretty amusing that they cobbled together pages for each individual performer.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'd bet just WWE. I can't imagine ESPN giving a damn about NJPW and the G1 Climax, for example.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
They have the working relationship with WWE, so 99% will be WWE, but I definitely bet you will see a few other things pop up.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It's not a pro wrestling heading, it's WWE. Looking at the page quickly, it's all WWE. Not surprising.

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012
I'd bet just WWE. I can't imagine ESPN giving a damn about NJPW and the G1 Climax, for example.

yeah i know I was being snide, but there is a massive legitimacy concern if WWE doesn't allow them to report on anything other than their 'chosen' areas, which I suspect is how it'll go down. I guess Evolve will get a puff piece, but the actual best wrestling in the world will be ignored. it's gonna basically be worked journalism

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The url is /wwe. Not /wrestling or anything. That alone tells you how this is going to go.

They also have no legitimacy to begin with as they have wilful ignored news concerning the WWE on their TV segments.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I find it interesting how ESPN will make a little extra effort to cover sports that they don't own the rights to such as MMA or WWE...but yet, they can give two flying Funks about the NHL.

Cheap Heat talked about the new page because they should benefit from ESPN elevating their WWE coverage.

I say meh...I don't need another site trying to cover wrestling.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Network with declining subscriber numbers joins forces with promotion constantly bleeding viewers! What a hot angle!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad