ESPN+ to Hike Subscription Price Starting Next Month

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I'm kind of torn on this, because Jon Favreau and his crew are absolutely huge fans of the canon, which means they know it and must, therefore, hate it, which I don't think is the case. And I gotta say, I think the "quitter" element to Obi-Wan and Luke is part of what makes them stronger Jedi in the long run.
kenobi rebounded very well imo i liked it

Reactions: 08SeaBass08

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I really disliked the Third Sister character, until they revealed the link. Agreed, the last two episodes were huge improvements over the rest of the series. The inverse of "Game of Thrones."
Not a fan of inventing characters in these series....I understand why they do it, but the problem is they like get the 2nd or 3rd most screen time/story time. Excited about Andor because it's basically a blank canvas with not many ties to anything. Rogue One was my favorite movie other than the original 3.

• Love
Reactions: 08SeaBass08

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
I live in Greater Boston and I have regular cable with NESN, so I already don't have the problems "Cave" dwellers and/or other out-of-town fans have. That's still at least 90% of the games. I'm perfectly ok with not seeing all 82 in real time. As for your lack of HSI, is it the vorpal bunny or the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch that has kept you from it?
The bunny with the nasty teeth.....

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Rogue One was my favorite movie other than the original 3.
It's my second favorite of all of them, after "Empire Strikes Back." "A New Hope" a close third, but more out of nostalgia than anything else. "Phantom Menace" comes after the Star Wars XMas Special. One cannot even consider it a piece of shit without horribly insulting actual fecal matter.

Reactions: LouJersey

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I have to add a $100/mo phone line with Verizon for work reasons (in my own name the company phone I had went away due to some restructuring I'll get reimbursed) I guess the plan with Hulu/ESPN+ for free will be convenient.

Reactions: MustardStew

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
imagine having the gall to raise your prices amidst inflation and soaring gas prices.

Just totally out of touch these companies are.
My day job is teaching economics ... Inflation *is* a general increase in the price level (which is usually caused by an increase in the money supply), so price increases during an inflationary time are generally to be expected. With what ESPN+ has added - most notably, the NHL - and with costs rising across the board, it's not a surprise to see a price increase. It was a bit more than originally announced (which was $1/month, $10/year, now, it's more like $3/month, $30/year), especially since they're losing MLS next summer, but you're getting the NHL, Hockey East and a whole slew of low-level college and minor-league sports.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
My day job is teaching economics ... Inflation *is* a general increase in the price level (which is usually caused by an increase in the money supply), so price increases during an inflationary time are generally to be expected. With what ESPN+ has added - most notably, the NHL - and with costs rising across the board, it's not a surprise to see a price increase. It was a bit more than originally announced (which was $1/month, $10/year, now, it's more like $3/month, $30/year), especially since they're losing MLS next summer, but you're getting the NHL, Hockey East and a whole slew of low-level college and minor-league sports.
Did you watch the putrid coverage of ESPN this last season? No pregame or post. The in game was hearing people read the media guide. Now they want us to pay more for watching lower level skills.
My time and money is not worth it.

Reactions: StrBender

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Did you watch the putrid coverage of ESPN this last season? No pregame or post. The in game was hearing people read the media guide. Now they want us to pay more for watching lower level skills.
My time and money is not worth it.
ESPN+ does have about 75 ESPN-exclusive games, but also the out-of-market package that used to be streamed via NHLtv (which is only the local broadcasts). Unfortunately, both NHLtv and ESPN+ did not carry NESN's intermissions or pre/post, unlike some other teams.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I might cancel but not sure yet. I originally only bought it because it would allow me to watch some Bruins games when I lived in upstate NY. (I didn't bother buying cable thru spectrum while I lived there since I never watch TV really anyway, and especially with Hulu it wasn't worth it) and I also watch some of their other airings. I also at the time had NHLtv but since I was in NY state I was blacked out every game the Bruins played Buffalo/NYR/NYI/NJD.

Being back in NH now though it makes it a little more pointless having NESN with Xfinity..

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
imagine having the gall to raise your prices amidst inflation and soaring gas prices.

Just totally out of touch these companies are.

Companies set the price that they think will net them the most revenue. Also, inflation = prices going up.

It’s weird to me that people act like prices are arbitrary. Corporations care about money. They don’t give a shit about the obvious desire of the individual for prices to never go up/be as low as possible. They got whatever growth they wanted to out of the 6.99 price point and don’t think they’ll lose enough subscribers jacking it up to 9.99 to offset the increase in revenue from 3 more bucks a month.

If they thought 40 bucks a month would work, they’d do it.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Just discovered if you use American Express you get 50% off the Disney Bundle for a year

1658279105430.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad