ESPN Reports change of heart from PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

legardien91

Mar 9, 2004
Deerfield Beach, FL
Trottier said:
"Ignored"?

Another poor persecuted fan? Sorry, your post reads like self-pity and an enlarged, unrealistic view of one's role in this CBA. (Here's a clue: its virtually nonexistent.)

The objective of both sides in this CBA is to find an agreement that is acceptable to them, on their timetable, for it is their money, their careers, their businesses.

Of course, they want to appease their customers (fans), but that does not take priority over striking an equitable deal. Not by a longshot.
I understand what you're saying, the NHL is a business, and those directly involved in the business should agree on something mutually beneficial. No argument.

But, are you saying that the fans are not a part of this business? Who are the one's shelling out 70 bucks a pop for tickets? Buying 100 dollar jerseys? Uh, that would be us. It's awfully difficult to run a successful business when you've alienated your customers. I'm not saying the fans need to be catered to... but they ought to be considered during negotiations. The longer this goes on, the fewer casual fans will be heading to the games. This sport cannot survive (in many cities) on its hardcore fan base alone. Not a chance.

So while appeasing the fans does not take priority over the deal itself, the fans are a major contributing factor to the success and livelihood of every single teams, making fans an integral factor in any deal. I don't know what the answer is... but we are being ignored - and that's from a die hard fan. How does the casual fan feel? They couldn't care less, and that's what could spell disaster.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
I laugh at those of you who said this thread is a hoax, and "a well coordinated one" :shakehead :joker:

Why would I try to make something like this up, plus it was already confirmed.

ESPN said that the PA would negotiate a cap that was not tied to linkage, and the NHL (Daly) responded that the NHL would gladly negotiate off that, according to Sportscenter. Don't believe it if you don't want to.

BTW, the Season cancelled in 48 hours was all Hradek. He's a columnist. This was a report coming from Saskin/Goodenow, and Daly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad