ESPN Reports change of heart from PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
I dunno if this was already posted, but I was just listening to sportscenter, and they anchor said that Goodenow or Saskin, I forget cause they mentioned both, told the owners that they were willing to negotiate on a salary cap that is not tied to linkage, while the owners have told the players that a deal needs to be reached probably by Sunday to save the season. Then, Daly said that the NHL would be open to negotiating a cap not directly tied to linkage.
Source: ESPN sportscenter. I don't know why TSN or Sportsnet haven't picked this up.

I think that it will go down to the wire and there will be a deal reached, but that's just my opnion.

Old Hickory

I personally don't have a lot of faith in ESPN. But it is good to finally hear an optimistic report from them.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
amazingcrwns said:
I didn't hear it from a different source but I did see the sportscenter report. Just figured I'd confirm what the first poster reported.
Yea, but ESPN is not usually way off with these types of reports. Hradek does his own stuff and they report, but they said Goodenow, Saskin, and Daly all said what I posted in the first post. I just don't know how TSN didn't get this. Strange silence.

GODARD49

Jan 27, 2005
When jobs are on the line..the way Gary's and Bob's are...its never too late and dont be surprised if they play a 10 game season.....it wont happen but you get my point. if the season is cancelled, 1 if not both will be gone when hockey returns

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
kingsjohn said:
I personally don't have a lot of faith in ESPN. But it is good to finally hear an optimistic report from them.

Ditto. I knew at some point this would happen. Or will happen.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
the bad news is espn news is still running only the "a deal this weekend or else" comment from the league.

Mighty Duck

Jul 6, 2003
Visit site
PanthersRule said:
I dunno if this was already posted, but I was just listening to sportscenter, and they anchor said that Goodenow or Saskin, I forget cause they mentioned both, told the owners that they were willing to negotiate on a salary cap that is not tied to linkage, while the owners have told the players that a deal needs to be reached probably by Sunday to save the season. Then, Daly said that the NHL would be open to negotiating a cap not directly tied to linkage.
Source: ESPN sportscenter. I don't know why TSN or Sportsnet haven't picked this up.

I think that it will go down to the wire and there will be a deal reached, but that's just my opnion.

TSN doesn't have a night shift, and after 12 midnight ET, it is all re-run stuff. They are all tucked in, sleeping it off. The TSN boys should be up by noon ET.

Phil333

Dec 26, 2003
New York City
Because we do need a deal, at least in principle, by this weekend. And it's good to here something optimistic, and while this doesn't mean a deal is going to be reached, ESPN is a good source.

StanTheMan

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
PanthersRule said:

and last weekend espn reported that, according to an owner, the season was going to be cancelled within 48 hours.

the sources i will believe are the following: bettman, when he announces the season is cancelled; bettman, when he announces a deal has been reached.

until then, it's all just fantasy.

eye

Feb 17, 2003
around the 49th para
Visit site
PanthersRule said:

TSN and Sportsnet just show repeats of yesterday evenings sports so their news is not always up to date the following morning. Let's all hope this is true.

Maybe the players are starting to sense and see for themselves the HATRED AND DISGUST that is swelling up towards them by the fans that were once so supportive of them for letting us all down like they have to date.

Personally even if there is a solution I will never pay to see Bryan McCabe, Sean Avery, Chris Chelios or Chris Pronger ever play again.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
eye said:
TSN and Sportsnet just show repeats of yesterday evenings sports so their news is not always up to date the following morning. Let's all hope this is true.

Maybe the players are starting to sense and see for themselves the HATRED AND DISGUST that is swelling up towards them by the fans that were once so supportive of them for letting us all down like they have to date.

Personally even if there is a solution I will never pay to see Bryan McCabe, Sean Avery, Chris Chelios or Chris Pronger ever play again.
Funny how these PA individuals seem to have irked most of us...these are also the same crew that makes the PA look very bad, and probably zip it...BTW it's Chri$ Pronger and Chri$ Chelio$... :joker:

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Phil333 said:
Because we do need a deal, at least in principle, by this weekend. And it's good to here something optimistic, and while this doesn't mean a deal is going to be reached, ESPN is a good source.

when did ESPN become a good source? :eek:

Crazy Lunatic

PanthersRule said:

If this is true (and no offense, but I'll believe it when I see it) then this is HUGE news. It's beyond HUGE! Expect an announcement by Bettman on Monday that the cancellation of the season has been delayed and that both sides will continue to negotiate.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
We'll see... Seat16inNJ says that ESPNews has a 20 min update, similar to the FAN590.

www.espnews.com

I will be listening at 12:20 to hear the news report, probably most of you will be too.

Click "LISTEN TO THE LIVE FEED" at the top.

EDIT: Dammit... I wasn't paying attention and I missed it, did anyone catch it? :cry:

Last edited:

Crazy Lunatic

Scugs said:
We'll see... Seat16inNJ says that ESPNews has a 20 min update, similar to the FAN590.

www.espnews.com

I will be listening at 12:20 to hear the news report, probably most of you will be too.

Click "LISTEN TO THE LIVE FEED" at the top.

EDIT: Dammit... I wasn't paying attention and I missed it, did anyone catch it? :cry:

I couldn't get it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->