New York Islanders: ESPN radio and Islanders partnership

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Never understood the big deal about these things.

This affects 14 isles fans who would actually listen to an Isles game on terrestrial radio.

I file this under the BFD umbrella.

(And don't hit me with 'it's better media exposure" angle )

teknics

@islesblogger/@faithfulisles
Apr 7, 2007
East End
www.theislesfaithful.com
Never understood the big deal about these things.

This affects 14 isles fans who would actually listen to an Isles game on terrestrial radio.

I file this under the BFD umbrella.

(And don't hit me with 'it's better media exposure" angle )

I guess I’m one of the 14

I’m often driving during games heading to my own hockey games - I tend to listen to a few. Listening on the EAST END of Long Island is often difficult as well.

I have to resort to streaming and the delay kills me.

Reactions: Bones45

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I guess I’m one of the 14

I’m often driving during games heading to my own hockey games - I tend to listen to a few. Listening on the EAST END of Long Island is often difficult as well.

I have to resort to streaming and the delay kills me.
I'm with you. There are times that I'm in the car and want to listen to the game and Hofstra radio doesn't reach me all the way up state in......Westchester! Although I now have gotten rid of the car that doesn't have Sirius so I guess its mostly moot. But still....would much rather listen to the home broadcast (wondering when Greg Picker will go through puberty) than the away broadcast.

But part of me always liked the fact that the Islanders were on Hofstra radio. The total amateur-ish nature of the team was somewhat endearing. With our return to competency, we're losing some of that aspect. Overall, a worthy trade off I think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad