ESPN: Mount "Puckmore" for All 31 Franchises

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I'm an Avs fan saying that Pens list is just unfair for the rest of the teams.

Crosby, Lemieux, Jagr, Malkin

That's insane

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Who's Buffalo's Ray? Rob Ray? Over Mogilny or LaFontaine?

Jets Little over Selänne?

Danny Gare, Rene Robert, Peca, Schoeny. Even less leadership/respectable guys like Housley, Vanek, Satan, Pominville or Campbell, he of the best hit in franchise history.

Screw you espn with your passive aggressive goon honoring. Disrespectful of Rayzor like he is the nerd voted for prom king as a joke. And a shot at Buffalo as if we don’t have a proud tradition!!

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
I'm pretty sure your point is that expectations are worth as much as accomplishments. If so, I'm sorry my opinion is that you have to actually earn things by your actions. I don't subscribe to entitlement but whatever.
No, it was a snarky joke at Edmonton’s failures despite having McDavid.

sharkhawk

Jun 1, 2013
Aurora, IL
I don’t have a problem with Stanley cups being a criteria for a teams Mount Rushmore. To me it’s what have you done for the franchise, not how great of a player you were. In fact for hawks I’d go Mikita, Toews, Kane, Keith. Tony O was a great goalie in the regular season, but I will never forgive him for costing us the cup in 71. Giving up a goal from center ice to Lemaire still pisses me off

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
lol at Miller and Ray

What a joke
Miller was probably the face of our greatest teams ever so no problem with that. Ray is a lot more iffy but he is a guy who when people think about the Sabres he is one of the first guys they think about historically. I honestly would've went with Ruff instead if you combine his playing career with his coaching career.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Canadian content - Total = 81 CDN / 124 Total = 65%

Metro: 23/32 = 72%
Carolina: 4/4
Columbus: 2/4
New Jersey: 4/4
Islanders: 4/4
Rangers: 2/4
Philadelphia: 4/4
Pittsburgh: 2/4
Washington: 1/4

Atlantic: 20/32 = 63%
Boston: 4/4
Buffalo: 2/4
Detroit: 3/4
Florida: 1/4
Montreal: 4/4
Ottawa: 1/4
Tampa: 3/4
Toronto: 2/4

Central: 15/28 = 54%
Chicago: 3/4
Colorado: 3/4
Dallas: 1/4
Minnesota: 1/4
Nashville: 2/4
St. Louis: 4/4
Winnipeg: 1/4

Pacific: 23/32 = 72%
Anaheim: 3/4
Arizona: 2/4
Calgary: 4/4
Edmonton: 3/4
Los Angeles: 4/4
San Jose: 2/4
Vancouver: 2/4
Vegas: 3/4

so what.

who the f*** cares where players are or are not from.

this will just lead to some canadians drowning the thread with bullshit "were the best" crap

im canadian and i couldnt care less about canadian hockey

Last edited:

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Miller was probably the face of our greatest teams ever so no problem with that. Ray is a lot more iffy but he is a guy who when people think about the Sabres he is one of the first guys they think about historically. I honestly would've went with Ruff instead if you combine his playing career with his coaching career.

miller no,

unless youre presenting his oversized shoulder pads for the "puckmore"

no way he's that big in the net with his rake physique

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Flyers should be: Clarke, Parent, Lindros, Giroux*

Claude Giroux has surpassed Ron Hextalls playing career as a Flyer. Hexy really only had 2-3 great years. He was amazing in 1987 especially, but was mediocre when he returned to the team after leaving in the Lindros trade. Meanwhile, Giroux is the 3rd best forward in team history at this point. Probably won't get the respect he deserves until he is involved in another long playoff run though. 2010 was a long time ago.

Yeah, I agree. He's one of the all-time greats of one of the league's most storied and snakebitten franchises. It'll kill me if he wanders off into history without a ring like so many other Flyers before him, but he'll be a legend someday regardless, a lock for 1,000+ points who might find himself in the Hall.

Reactions: sabremike

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Miller was probably the face of our greatest teams ever so no problem with that.

Greatest Buffalo teams ever? How old are you? The 1975 and 1999 Sabres would strenuously disagree with you. They were Stanley Cup finalists and the ‘99 squad probably should have won it.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Greatest Buffalo teams ever? How old are you? The 1975 and 1999 Sabres would strenuously disagree with you. They were Stanley Cup finalists and the ‘99 squad probably should have won it.
I'm well aware of those two sides. If the 2006 side had won that game 7 in Raleigh they easily win the cup. The 2007 side had the best record in the entire league. Unfortunately they ran into the only team who had their number that season in Ottawa.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I'm well aware of those two sides. If the 2006 side had won that game 7 in Raleigh they easily win the cup. The 2007 side had the best record in the entire league. Unfortunately they ran into the only team who had their number that season in Ottawa.

Fair enough, I’ll take your word for it as you would know better than I.

The Sabres have had some rough luck when it comes to running into good/hot/lucky teams in the playoffs. They’ll get over the hump sooner or later.

Reactions: sabremike

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
St. Louis: Federko, Hull, MacInnis, Plager

Not sure if its been said yet I didn't read EVERY post but I would replace Plager with Pronger. Plager IS the St. Louis Blues because of what he has done since playing on the ice but as far as what they did for the team when they played Pronger should be there.

ABCUser

Mar 9, 2016
My top 6, didn't want to omit Boston

Edmonton: Gretzky, Messier, Kurri, McDavid
Pittsburgh: Crosby, Lemieux, Jagr, Malkin
Montreal: LaFleur, Roy, Beliveau, Richar
Detroit: Howe, Lindsay, Yzerman, Lidstrom
Islanders: Bossy, Potvin, Smith, Trottier
Boston: Bergeron, Orr, Schmidt, Bourque

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Not the worst, but Rob Ray in Buffalo?! They couldnt do better than that?
The problem is that they gave a lot of weight to recognition, and to people outside of Buffalo he is one of the most remembered Sabres ever. Our fans would've chosen someone else but it is what it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad