ESPN Isnt even showing the USA Medal Game?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
uhhh, wtf? I thought ESPN said they were airing ALL games the US was in except that last game in the prilimary round. I just checked ESPN listings and they have the exciting boxing matches from 1970's on ESPN all night, and on ESPN thay have some other garbage. This is unbealivable...i knew they werent airing the Gold Medal game but nor the USA game?! Am i missing something? Is the game on tomorrow or something?!

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
the game is starting now i think, while most people are still at work. hardly any audience to watch it

pensfan04

Jan 3, 2005
North Dakota
FLYLine4LIFE said:
uhhh, wtf? I thought ESPN said they were airing ALL games the US was in except that last game in the prilimary round. I just checked ESPN listings and they have the exciting boxing matches from 1970's on ESPN all night, and on ESPN thay have some other garbage. This is unbealivable...i knew they werent airing the Gold Medal game but nor the USA game?! Am i missing something? Is the game on tomorrow or something?!

Why show hockey when the boxing will get double the ratings
:dunno:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Levitate said:
the game is starting now i think, while most people are still at work. hardly any audience to watch it

I was looking foward toward this all day...great. :shakehead

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
pensfan04 said:
Why show hockey when the boxing will get double the ratings
:dunno:

Because:

1) This is the only hockey aside from the very very very very limited NCAA hockey that have to air...(do they even air the playoffs on this station..i cant remember but i think they did)

2) They shoudl cater to different types of audiences..which includes there HOCKEY audience.

IkeaMonkey*

FLYLine4LIFE said:
Because:

1) This is the only hockey aside from the very very very very limited NCAA hockey that have to air...(do they even air the playoffs on this station..i cant remember but i think they did)

2) They shoudl cater to different types of audiences..which includes there HOCKEY audience.

Pensfan wasnt being serious.

roadrunner

Jul 25, 2003
U Can'tTake Me Alive
Visit site
The ESPN 2 announcers said that they were going to cover all USA games (except the quarterfinal) UP TO the medal round. THEN, if the USA would have made it to the gold medal game, they would air that on ESPN. So losing to the Russians meant no more TV coverage on ESPN of the WJC.

This mistake/hoax about ESPN airing the Canada/Russia game today is really disappointing. But think about this...if ESPN broadcasted the Canada/Russia game, but DIDN'T broadcast the USA/Czech game, all hell would break loose with American audiences...well MOST people. I would LOVE to see the gold medal game here in the States. Maybe these guys will at least be decent enough to show these games at a later date. BOTH Bronze and Gold!

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
roadrunner said:
The ESPN 2 announcers said that they were going to cover all USA games (except the quarterfinal) UP TO the medal round. THEN, if the USA would have made it to the gold medal game, they would air that on ESPN. So losing to the Russians meant no more TV coverage on ESPN of the WJC.

This mistake/hoax about ESPN airing the Canada/Russia game today is really disappointing. But think about this...if ESPN broadcasted the Canada/Russia game, but DIDN'T broadcast the USA/Czech game, all hell would break loose with American audiences...well MOST people. I would LOVE to see the gold medal game here in the States. Maybe these guys will at least be decent enough to show these games at a later date. BOTH Bronze and Gold!

They better or their Bristol studios are getting torched :madfire:

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
Anyone in America who actually cares about the WJC would rather see the Canada/Russia gold medal game than the USA/Czech bronze medal game so I doubt "all hell would break loose".

roadrunner

Jul 25, 2003
U Can'tTake Me Alive
Visit site
BronxBruin said:
Anyone in America who actually cares about the WJC would rather see the Canada/Russia gold medal game than the USA/Czech bronze medal game so I doubt "all hell would break loose".

Just a figure of speech. I tend to see this your way, but I don't think your average US hockey fan would be too pleased about ESPN going back on their word and not televising team USA in the medal round, but showing Canada instead.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Because:

I feel your pain Bro but the plain fact and a sad one for us hockey fans is that ESPN doesnt give a rats ass about hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad