ESPN is a joke..

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
The teams aren't even in the correct drafting positions, as St. Louis picks at 24 & 26, and Edmonton is at 30.

The Fuhr*

Im sorry, mock draft or not, this has got to go where everyone else is

take a look at this mock draft...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/draft2007/news/story?id=2908675

sorry if already posted, but this is the biggest CROCK OF **** ive ever seen... Gagner 3rd? yea phoenix lacks centerman allright, thats why hanzel and mueller are 1-2...

Can never have too many centers, I don't have a problem with the mock.

Seems to be someone is just looking for something to complain about.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Penguins draft Sweatt, that's all I care about.

I'd be happy. If Lars Eller is on the board (he doesn't get drafted at all in this mock) and we pass him up I'd be mildly upset.

Westguy13

Apr 6, 2005
Not KC...
Gagner 3rd? yea phoenix lacks centerman allright, thats why hanzel and mueller are 1-2...

Uhh did you even read that? I love that out of all the stupid things in the mock draft you could have picked you pick one that isn't even off base. Read agian.

what the Coyotes are really lacking as they head forward is a smart, skilled center that can take advantage of the new rules and create offense on a consistent basis, making Gagner a likely third overall pick.

Mueller and Hanzel aren't exactly the type of center they are talking about. They aren't saying they don't have centers they are talking about a finesse center.

Anyway it's ESPN they really don't care about anything that they don't broadcast. It's been their rap as long as they've been a network. Ever watch Sportscenter for hockey highlights? Not exactly a regularity. That out of the way other then an order flaw or two it's not that far off base on a few picks. So Burke drafting a russian probably wont happen but most of the picks made are in decent position. This draft is wide open.

Judge Sauer*

Well, it's at least one mock draft that doesn't have the Habs picking Esposito (He's all the way up at 8th on this draft). I've been wanting the Habs to draft Sutter and Petrecki this coming year.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
How about, instead of bashing an entity such as ESPN, you bash the person who actually wrote it. In this case it's not even a full time ESPN writer. So be annoyed at the guy who actually wrote it. I dislike ESPN as much as the next person, but a mock draft for the NHL is nowhere near a priority for them, nor should it be. The person who made this mock draft used to be the cheif scout for the ISS... can't blame them for going to a guy like that.

MrAlfie

How about, instead of bashing an entity such as ESPN, you bash the person who actually wrote it. In this case it's not even a full time ESPN writer. So be annoyed at the guy who actually wrote it. I dislike ESPN as much as the next person, but a mock draft for the NHL is nowhere near a priority for them, nor should it be. The person who made this mock draft used to be the cheif scout for the ISS... can't blame them for going to a guy like that.

In this case you can blame ESPN for not letting Mark Seidel edit his mock draft.
Read his explanation about the draft order and youll understand a couple of things:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=9603247#post9603247

this just further proves that ESPN doesnt give a **** about hockey.
Seidel made some strange predictions (turris at 6) but don´t blame him for the wrong draft order when ESPN wouldn´t even answer his emails asking if he could edit his article.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
If Turris drops to the No. 6 spot, you will see Kevin Prendergast and Kevin Lowe doing backflips on their way to the podium.

Of course! Because Turris ISN'T going to drop, and Gagner is not going at #3.

Katic at #15??

Hamill at #23? If Lowe is doing backflips at #6 when Turris is available, what will Sather be doing when Hamill falls that low to him?

And is it really that hard to get the draft order correct? I mean, it's only been on about a 1000 different web sites since the playoffs ended :shakehead

A much better mock draft from CNNSI:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/allan_muir/06/19/mock.draft/index.html

And they get the draft order right!

MrAlfie

Of course! Because Turris ISN'T going to drop, and Gagner is not going at #3.

Katic at #15??

Hamill at #23? If Lowe is doing backflips at #6 when Turris is available, what will Sather be doing when Hamill falls that low to him?

And is it really that hard to get the draft order correct? I mean, it's only been on about a 1000 different web sites since the playoffs ended :shakehead

A much better mock draft from CNNSI:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/allan_muir/06/19/mock.draft/index.html

And they get the draft order right!

obviously you didn´t click on the link I provided, so Im going to repost it just for you:

First of all, this Mock Draft was completed at the conclusion of the Under 18 Championships and I specifically asked that a caveat be attached indicating that the Draft order was significantly different then the way the article was listed. At the time of the writing of the Mock Draft, that was the order that ESPN gave me and it was to be posted then but for some reason, they kept delaying it until it appeared yesterday. I sent a note indicating that I wanted to edit it after the order became finalized but I didn't get a reply.

the author of this article had no chance to get the draft order right because they wouldnt let him edit his own article.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

Maybe you should have read his explanations then, instead of bashing the person. Actually, how about not bashing at all, and simply not caring? As if any of this has any bearing on anything anyway.

loyst21

Jun 24, 2006
Windsor, ON
Well, ESPNBA will nail the mock NBA draft to the player. Hard to do a mock draft for a sport you could care less exists.

couldn't have said it better myself... and i was smart enough to join an nhl keeper league on espn last year.... keepers are still locked (yeah, offseason works the same in fantasy as in real life!) and no one can make trades either... such a joke

i got an email back from them saying it will be available soon, but my baseball keeper was available within days of the world series ending

... espn the WORLDwide leader in sports... in the US the world really only consists of the US though, which is funny because 25 of the 30 nhl teams are american, and they still dont care about hockey

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site

It's absolutely the writer's fault, but an organization like ESPN has to have an editor look over a story before they put their name too it. Getting the draft order wrong reaks of amateurism, and it ultimately reflects poorly on espn.

albathegreat*

Siedel was co hosting Leafs Lunch today and mentioned that this list was made 2 months ago. Not sure if that has anything to do with draft position changes but I am sure a lot of guys stock have dropped or went up in these last 2 months.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad