ESPN Glance at Draft

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
I know this board is a certified Turris fan club, but people need to remember what happened to Anze Kopitar. Highly touted, but dropped due to where he played. It's likely that that could happen again...and obviously is he is indeed the next Kopitar, then he'll make a team very happy. But saying he'll drop out of the top 5 isn't ridiculous.

Overall a decent list... some of the player comparisons are off though.

And I don't know where they got their info on Kitchener Rangers goalie John Murray. They say he's 6-5 (!) and compare him to Olaf Kolzig... when he's listed on the OHL site as 6-1 and from the games I've seen him play, even that's being generous.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I know this board is a certified Turris fan club, but people need to remember what happened to Anze Kopitar. Highly touted, but dropped due to where he played. It's likely that that could happen again...and obviously is he is indeed the next Kopitar, then he'll make a team very happy. But saying he'll drop out of the top 5 isn't ridiculous.

And I don't know where they got their info on Kitchener Rangers goalie John Murray. They say he's 6-5 (!) and compare him to Olaf Kolzig... when he's listed on the OHL site as 6-1 and from the games I've seen him play, even that's being generous.

he didnt drop because of where he played. it was becasue he is from slovenia and teams where worried about that becasue they dont have a history of producing nhl players.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC

I would suggest that BECAUSE of what happened to Kopitar, teams won't let that happen again with another highly touted player from either a non-traditional country or perceived lower-level league.

I think teams need to use the "eyeball test" a little more these days, because there are great young talents to be discovered everywhere.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
That was a good read. One of the best draft previews I've looked at in some time. I'm referring to the write-ups. I don't quibble with rankings, though they are fun to see.

derbyfan

Nov 23, 2002
Visit site
you mean they don't? :help:

According to these standings, they sure do...

http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/standings.html?leagueid=164&seasonid=1406

It's the Under 17 squad that actually is based out of the NAHL, and are matched up in the standings. The Under 18's play some exhibition games against NAHL teams (and have gone 12-1), but I've never heard of the team being considered based out of the NAHL.
Come to think of it, I guess they don't have any league affiliation, do they?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->