ESPN commercials on OLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Okay so I know the name of the game is to make money but why in God's name is OLN putting on commericals for ESPN Sunday Night Football??? I suppose it doens't affect their NHL contract, what with the hockey games being on Mon. and Tues. but it's basically the same thing as Fox Sports advertising Sportscenter or something. It's almost like saying "hey you have other options on other networks, aside from hockey on our station," as if anyone needs reminded.

Little Wing

Jul 17, 2004
Desert-ed
It's called advertising dollars.
People will do just about anything for the dirty green.

I have directv and Dish network and cox cable always advertise on directv

All in the name of money

did it for the money
and then the young man says "hey put your hands in the air, give me what i want, give me what i need, i want money"

rwilson99

UnderratedBrooks44 said:
Okay so I know the name of the game is to make money but why in God's name is OLN putting on commericals for ESPN Sunday Night Football??? I suppose it doens't affect their NHL contract, what with the hockey games being on Mon. and Tues. but it's basically the same thing as Fox Sports advertising Sportscenter or something. It's almost like saying "hey you have other options on other networks, aside from hockey on our station," as if anyone needs reminded.

Those are likely locally sponsored ads placed by the cable company.

You'll probably have a tag that mentions a local car dealer or mortgage company.

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA
If you're living in the Pittsburgh market, you'll notice the ads were for the Steelers/Browns game, advertised during the Pens game.

Plain and simple, it's Comcast, trying to maximize exposure for its cable advertising.

No more, no less. The true national feed would not have played those commercials.

Squiddy*

Oct 24, 2005
Houston, Texas
Spydey629 said:
If you're living in the Pittsburgh market, you'll notice the ads were for the Steelers/Browns game, advertised during the Pens game.

Plain and simple, it's Comcast, trying to maximize exposure for its cable advertising.

No more, no less. The true national feed would not have played those commercials.

A few Steelers were in attendance for last nights Pens game.

MojoJojo

Jan 31, 2003
Philadelphia
Visit site
Spydey629 said:

Wow! Funny how in the Philadelphia market there was an Add for the Eagles! Who would have thought that a national broadcast wouldn't also include air time for regional commercials? I mean, its not as if people in different parts of the country get to watch different adds depending on their market now, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad