ESPN: Blades of Steel vs. Ice Hockey 30 Years Later

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
nintendo ice hockey by far the better game. fake shot was a goal 100% of the time.
using the cheat code for endless friction on the puck was the best

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Going back not quite 30 years EA NHL 95 was the first video hockey I played regularly. There was a deke move you could use as money- had a line of Oates, Kvartalnov and Neely. Before that I had Intelllivison from Mattel in the lae 70s that had a hockey and it was rubbish, more like pong with vaguely hockey player-shaped guys LOL

Reactions: LSCII

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
Going back not quite 30 years EA NHL 95 was the first video hockey I played regularly. There was a deke move you could use as money- had a line of Oates, Kvartalnov and Neely. Before that I had Intelllivison from Mattel in the lae 70s that had a hockey and it was rubbish, more like pong with vaguely hockey player-shaped guys LOL

Yeah, the inside out move was gold. I remember betting my buddie's brother I could score like 80 goals against him. Needless to say I won the $$

Reactions: Dr Hook

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Ice Hockey was before my time, came out around 5 years before I was born - but every time my brother, who moved away to University when I was 8, comes into town (we are now 25 and 35 and still do this) we will get an epic battle of Ice Hockey going. I go against the grain and ice a full team of mediums. Change my mind that this isn't the best strategy out there.

Reactions: Strafer

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
NHL 92 0n Sega Genesis killed them all. In terms of BoS or Nintendo hockey, fat, skinny, skinny, med was the key. That was a better game than Steel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad