ESPN Article: Top 10 Centers in the NHL, as Ranked by Players and Team Officials

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
In what world is Matthews ahead of MacKinnon? After his "slow" start, MacKinnon is 1 point back with 1 game less played than Matthews.
Matthews two way game? Mackinnon focuses on being more of a dynamic offensive player that a all around two way center?

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Id love to know who voted for Pettersson over Schiefele in the honorable mentions. Pettersson has never had a point per game season and Scheifele has been a ppg player for the last 4 seasons. He may have the potential to be a better player in the future but he is not a better player right now.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
In what world is Matthews ahead of MacKinnon? After his "slow" start, MacKinnon is 1 point back with 1 game less played than Matthews.

They are on the same level offensively.

Goals gotta count for more than assists if they are anywhere near the same in points. Matthews is on pace to hit ~40+ goals in shortened season...that's higher than MacKinnon's career high in full seasons.

Should be:

1. Mcdavid
2. Matthews
3. Mackinnon
4. Crosby
5. Marner
6. Draisatl
7. Tavares
8. Barkov
9 . Point
10. Hyman

What a joke. Hyman is better than Point at C. He just hasn't played it yet.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Tbh I still haven't seen a convincing argument for Matthews over Crosby yet. I don't think it's "wrong", but I just don't think Matthews has had that continuous level of being better than Crosby to warrant being rated higher than Crosby. I'd probably call it "premature" more than "wrong".

I don't think Matthews has shown a sustained level above Crosby that would make me rate him over Crosby like MacKinnon and Draisaitl have.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
They are on the same level offensively.

Goals gotta count for more than assists if they are anywhere near the same in points. Matthews is on pace to hit ~40+ goals in shortened season...that's higher than MacKinnon's career high in full seasons.
Funny how Leafs fans don't seem to think that when conparing Marner and Rantanen :laugh:.

Isn't it weird how Marner and MacKinnon seems to get all the assists and Matthews and Rantanen gets all the goal. Geez I wonder if there's a reason for that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad