ESPN, 8pm ET Jr Hockey: Canada vs Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

St.Louis sports fan

Mar 1, 2002
St. Louis
Visit site
Any hockey I get to see is a bonus, but on a side note:I guess Ranger fans are alittle more optomistic than most because they are used to be waiting to see a hockey game and well one team shows up.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
Reilly311 said:
When did they say this? The Ticker doens't count.

edit:

On USAHockey.com it says:

"The slated coverage calls for ESPN2 to televise three of four U.S. games in the preliminary round of the championship. In addition, ESPN2 will televise all U.S. games leading to the gold-medal game. A U.S. appearance in the gold-medal game would be televised by ESPN"

http://www.usahockey.com/usa_hockey/news/main/home/wjc_tele_121704/

On the official site it says:

"ESPN, the worldwide leader in sports television, will televise three of Team USA’s four preliminary round games, all on its ESPN2 network. In addition, all U.S. games that lead to the gold-medal game will be televised on ESPN2, with the exception of a U.S. appearance in the gold-medal game, which will be carried on ESPN."

http://ralphsworldjr.com/New2/index.php?page=TRS

Now, tell me where you SAW it said they'd air the game regardless. Even the announcers (who would probably have the best inside track) didn't even make mention of this. At the end of the Russia/USA game, they said basically "Thanks for watching folks, goodnight".
I heard it from someone. I'm not sure who, though.

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
I HATE EVERYONE THAT IS WATCHING POKER RIGHT NOW THAT INFLATES THESE RATINGS FOR THIS STUPID GAME-epsn IS AIRING A preview about a stupid movie about a stupid game. ITS NOT EVEN A SPORT!!!!!! IT IS A FRIGGING GAME-A GAME OF FRIGGING CHANCE!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :madfire: :madfire:

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
and I quote:

I would like to thank your broadcast staff for regurgitating these fabulous programs instead of showing a true amateur, "live" sporting event such as the Canada-Russia World Juniors hockey final:

8:30 pm
1971 Heavyweight Bout: Muhammad Ali vs. Jurgen Blin

9:30 pm
1974 World Heavyweight Title Bout: Muhammad Ali vs. George Foreman

10:30 pm
1975 World Heavyweight Title Bout: Muhammad Ali vs. Chuck Wepner

You made my day - thanks

PEli*

Good kill by Canada. Russia had a few decent chances towards the end. Good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad