ESPN, 8pm ET Jr Hockey: Canada vs Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
TiesRLikeWins4Us said:
ESPN has listed 3 hours of Muhammad Ali boxing.. Your telling me they can't show these bouts later on, after the WJC game? Ridiculous. 3 HOURS! 70's BOXING!

Lets not forget they also have a ESPN CLASSIC channel to show classics...i guess there is such a HIGH demand for classical garbage. :shakehead

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Hopefully the intern that screwed up on the news ticker gets canned.

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
not that it would be direct competition (the gold medal game) but putting useless TV shows (boxing) may bump up their parent stations ratings for the football game

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
Aki Fan said:
not that it would be direct competition (the gold medal game) but putting useless TV shows (boxing) may bump up their parent stations ratings for the football game

that could be very true. however, i dont see the WJC getting much more of a draw in the states than classic boxing.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
pittengineer said:
that could be very true. however, i dont see the WJC getting much more of a draw in the states than classic boxing.

As much as it kills me to agree with this....I do.....

The truth hurts.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
The difference is that they can show classic boxing any time.

Reilly311

just be grateful they showed any games. You can never please some.

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
watching ESPN now

they claim that at 8pm -- they are airing a "Tilt" preview special :shakehead

but after that they showed the Citi commercial with the guy with no bike, riding around like he has a bike :lol

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
majorbm said:
from the thread "How can I watch the gold medal game" Roholte says
"Check the 'What to Look For' on ESPN's front page... "

("What To Look For" is at the top in the red section.)

The second item is "ESPN, 8pm ET Jr Hockey: Canada vs Russia"

(hestitantly) :handclap: ? woo-hoo!?

I'm holding you responsible for getting my hopes up. :mad:

DARKSIDE

Nov 17, 2003
Could it be that Big Bad ABC pulled the plug on the game because they're worried about us few measly U.S. hockey fans won’t turn on their college game tonight. If there’s no game I would like an explanation on that blurb that was posted today.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Man, playmakers was OK, but Tilt???? WTF???? A series about f***** poker. You have to be kidding me. ESPN is the worst sports network of all time.

I hope ESPN has a million emails telling them how Pejorative Slured they are.

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
PanthersRule said:
Man, playmakers was OK, but Tilt???? WTF???? A series about f***** poker. You have to be kidding me. ESPN is the worst sports network of all time.

How many people are on this board and are not able to see the WJC Final? Take that a multiply that by 60%. Then you will get the whole 25 people who will send them hate mail (and most of us are the ones that sent "Thank You" when ESPN put it on their website that they were showing the game).

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
PanthersRule said:

Your wrong... it's not losing out to a series about poker... it's losing out to a preview about a series about poker ;)

ESPN = :shakehead :shakehead :madfire: :madfire:

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
Barnaby said:
Your wrong... it's not losing out to a series about poker... it's losing out to a preview about a series about poker ;)

ESPN = :shakehead :shakehead :madfire: :madfire:

hey, it could be losing out to 70's boxing.

damit

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
Reilly311 said:
just be grateful they showed any games. You can never please some.
When they say that they will show a game they better damn show it. And they said that they would show the Gold Medal Game regardless of who was playing.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
Broadway Crosby said:
When they say that they will show a game they better damn show it. And they said that they would show the Gold Medal Game regardless of who was playing.

Thats funny because I heard the same thing..I thought they said they were showing the final no matter what.

Reilly311

Broadway Crosby said:

When did they say this? The Ticker doens't count.

edit:

On USAHockey.com it says:

"The slated coverage calls for ESPN2 to televise three of four U.S. games in the preliminary round of the championship. In addition, ESPN2 will televise all U.S. games leading to the gold-medal game. A U.S. appearance in the gold-medal game would be televised by ESPN"

http://www.usahockey.com/usa_hockey/news/main/home/wjc_tele_121704/

On the official site it says:

"ESPN, the worldwide leader in sports television, will televise three of Team USA’s four preliminary round games, all on its ESPN2 network. In addition, all U.S. games that lead to the gold-medal game will be televised on ESPN2, with the exception of a U.S. appearance in the gold-medal game, which will be carried on ESPN."

http://ralphsworldjr.com/New2/index.php?page=TRS

Now, tell me where you SAW it said they'd air the game regardless. Even the announcers (who would probably have the best inside track) didn't even make mention of this. At the end of the Russia/USA game, they said basically "Thanks for watching folks, goodnight".

roadrunner

Jul 25, 2003
U Can'tTake Me Alive
Visit site
All I heard was that they would show the gold medal game IF the USA played in it. The USA played too early in the day today to get any kind of national audience. I see they lost that game too. :(

The big blunder today was the espn website's ticker!

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I thought the only games ESPN every sayed they'd show was: 3 of the 4 USA preliminary games and all following USA games that lead up to the Gold Medal Game.

So It doesn't surprise me that they did not show the US Bronze Medal Game and are now not going to show the Gold Medal Game.

:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad