Status
Not open for further replies.

majorbm

Nov 21, 2003
Baltimore
Visit site
from the thread "How can I watch the gold medal game" Roholte says
"Check the 'What to Look For' on ESPN's front page... "

("What To Look For" is at the top in the red section.)

The second item is "ESPN, 8pm ET Jr Hockey: Canada vs Russia"

(hestitantly) :handclap: ? woo-hoo!?

Last edited:

majorbm

Nov 21, 2003
Baltimore
Visit site
NYVanfan said:
Ah, thanks ...please ignore my post on the other thread.

Saw the link on "What to Look For", but when I clicked it it brought up this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tvlistings/index?date=20050104

which is showing boxing from the 70s (??).

I can only hope that this eminently pre-emptable line-up is in the process of being changed to show the game. (maybe even in ESPN HD, which i get....? ;) )

apparently they finally remembered that there's this channel called ESPN Classic where they can show 30 year old boxing matches.

Reilly311

majorbm said:
in the red section at the top of the page. under "Now on ESPN"

if you refresh the page, its the second item that comes up

AH HA!!!!! I SEE IT!!!! :handclap:

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Lol

for all the RUSSIA fans that are in the U.S., this is amazing news as well!

guess those idiots at ESPN finally figured out that a WJC FINAL WILL get more ratings than some rerun of boxin! :lol

SENSfreak_03

Aug 30, 2002
Regina, SK
Visit site
2forsbergaura1 said:
for all the RUSSIA fans that are in the U.S., this is amazing news as well!

guess those idiots at ESPN finally figured out that a WJC FINAL WILL get more ratings than some rerun of boxin! :lol

just like the nhl gets higher ratings then re-runs of the cosby show? oh wait, they dont.

seriously tho, its good that its on. are they showing the bronze medal game to? i know tsn is showing both of them.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
with the bronze medal game being on in the middle of the day, i doubt they show it.

it starts at 3:08 central...when everyone is still at work. by the time i get home around 6pm eastern, it'll pretty much be over. even worse for the people out west since it will be squarely during the workday.

not much of an audience to show it to

DARKSIDE

Nov 17, 2003
Kudos to ESPN. They were smart enough to realize that there is plenty of interest in the U.S. for tonight’s final. You have Flyer fans that have an interest in Carter and Richards, Ranger fans in Dawes, Cap fans in Ovechkin and Pittsburgh fans in Malkin, etc. And many of us want to see this kid Crosby. This is like a future All-star game tonight and ESPN realized that. Good for them! :handclap:

roadrunner

Jul 25, 2003
U Can'tTake Me Alive
Visit site
Something is fishy here. ESPN kept saying all along that they were only going to televise Team USA as far as they would advance, and yet there is no coverage of that bronze medal game at all? Not even a tape delay?

Also, I have scoured the espn.com and the only indication of the gold medal coverage is that "what to look for" blurb at the top of the page (as was mentioned). I didn't find anything else on their TV listings about the gold medal game. http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tvlistings/scheduleSport?sport=HO :banghead:

A FAVOR TO ASK: For those watching ESPN this afternoon, would you please share what the ticker on the TV says and/or what the talking heads are saying. I don't have ESPN and a confrimation would be greatly appreciated, so I can pick a pub to go watch the gold medal game! Thank you.

Mr Brownstone

Aug 31, 2003
596 miles away
The TV Guide isn't updated. I've got Adelphia Digital Cable, and for the game against Russia, it still read that the World Series of Poker would be on. I would hope that the bronze game will be on.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
roadrunner said:
Something is fishy here. ESPN kept saying all along that they were only going to televise Team USA as far as they would advance, and yet there is no coverage of that bronze medal game at all? Not even a tape delay?

Also, I have scoured the espn.com and the only indication of the gold medal coverage is that "what to look for" blurb at the top of the page (as was mentioned). I didn't find anything else on their TV listings about the gold medal game. http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tvlistings/scheduleSport?sport=HO :banghead:

A FAVOR TO ASK: For those watching ESPN this afternoon, would you please share what the ticker on the TV says and/or what the talking heads are saying. I don't have ESPN and a confrimation would be greatly appreciated, so I can pick a pub to go watch the gold medal game! Thank you.

from my own experience with ESPN, they SUCK at updating anything! so if the ticker says CANADA VS. RUSSIA at 8pm...then its most likely its right

jaydub*

ESPN did something like this last year. Suddenly started showing World Championship coverage when USA was doing well (for a change)

IkeaMonkey*

nomorekids said:
can someone email espn and find out?

A mutual "acquaintence" of mine, phoned ESPN and he said he was told boxing was still a go. I dont know if he got some intern who just checked some unupdated memopad, but take that for what it's worth.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
DynamoAO said:
A mutual "acquaintence" of mine, phoned ESPN and he said he was told boxing was still a go. I dont know if he got some intern who just checked some unupdated memopad, but take that for what it's worth.

i aint listening to no INTERNS...HOCKEY TONIGHT BABY! :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad