(C) - Eskild Bakke Olsen - Storhamar, Norway (2020 Undrafted)

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
Maybe a long shot coming from the Norwegian league but Eskild is a 2002 born center who is over a PPG after 24 games for Storhamar. He plays for a top team but he's 3rd on the team in scoring and the highest scoring center at only 18 years old. He's also just outside the top 10 in scoring in the league.

For comparison, I believe Mats Zuccarello had 8 points in 21 games at the same age.

I would say likely to move on to Sweden/Finland in the future and could be worth keeping an eye on.

EP Link

Reactions: A Bundy

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Playing with Patrick Thoresen (famous for having a testicle almost ruptured by an Ovechkin shot) might have something to do with it. Thoresen is heading to a 2nd consecutive scoring title.

I cannot confirm if he's playing with Thoresen and Ahlholm (who was the leading scorer in 2018-2019, over a PPG in 2019-2020 but missed 1/3 of the season) but that would help his points total.

A Bundy

Mar 3, 2021
He was on the "team of the month" at least once, and think it was mentioned that he was the league leader in +/- at the time. Anders Gjøse who used to be the development responsible for Norway probably has a lot to say of him getting a shot. Eliteprospects missed it, but his father is a club-legend in Norway: Tom Erik Olsen at eliteprospects.com
PPG at the age of 18 is remarkable in Norway these days. The league has been getting more competetive past seasons. Zuccarello for comparison had the Abbot brothers much to thank for his breakthrough. Not sure if they include over-aged players in the official rankings Central Scouting etc. (?) but he should definately be comsidered for a potential late round pick. The lack of U20 lower division tourneys have probably left some talents developing in their domestic league go slightly under the radar?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad