Esche to start vs. Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
shawn_kemp said:
You have to take into account what's at stake here : nothing.

Isn't seeding at stake for the Russians? (I don't think the USA can move up or down...)

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Bullseye! said:
I am still wondering what Grahame did to make the team in the first place. That's even if Ryan Miller wasn't healthy enough to play.

As of right now DiPietro gives the US the best chance of pulling the upset in the QF.

Who is this "Ryan Miller" character I keep hearing about?

wholeshow*

the americans not taking miller is like canada not taking staal and crosby.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
octopi said:
Isn't seeding at stake for the Russians? (I don't think the USA can move up or down...)

yeah, depending on how this game goes and how Swedes and Slovaks play, Russia could move up or down in the standings..

Nova88

Oct 6, 2005
I think Russia is better off facing anyone but Canada in the Q’s.

btn

Gone Hollywood
Feb 27, 2002
ATL
Visit site
wholefnshow said:
the americans not taking miller is like canada not taking staal and crosby.

How many goals would Miller have scored vs. Sweden or Slovakia? Goaltending has been one of the US strengths in their last couple of games.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Sotnos said:
You and me both. What a total joke.

While i am surprised, a total joke is a bit harsh. Grahame wasnt exactly stellar in his chance, so in a game that doesn't mean anything for the US they might as well give the third guy a shot. Who knows, maybe he will stand on his head and create a controversy going into the QF - im not expecting that though.

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
Sotnos said:
You and me both. What a total joke.

A total joke to a Tampa Bay fan.

Grahame was given his chance, he lost it. There are two better goaltenders than him waiting right behind him for their chance too. It's not like Grahame was so much better and deserved to be the undisputed number one. I think it was up for grabs, it's just that someone HAD to start the tournament.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Bullseye! said:
I am still wondering what Grahame did to make the team in the first place. That's even if Ryan Miller wasn't healthy enough to play.

Please. He's been better than both Esche and Dipietro this year. If anyone shouldn't be on the team to give Miller a spot, it's Esche who's been the worst of the goalies that were in the mix. Why he gets a start for being a total baby throughout the process is a joke. First he criticizes potential teammates, then almost didn't go because he started out as the 3rd goaltender. Not like this game matters so it doesn't matter who's out there. If Grahame would have gotten the start, good for him...if not, oh well. Dipietro is the best chance this team has next round anyway, not like Esche or Grahame starting in the game was going to change that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad