Post-Game Talk: Error Code: BOS3-2MTL Too Many Penalties Allowed

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Bad draft pick ? You never know. You can fall on guys like Point and Gally or Josh Brook in later rounds, and draft dogs like Leblanc, Tinordi, McCarron, etc... in a first round.

"You never know" is Bergevin's philosophy about the playoffs. Math is math -- the best odds are with early picks, goes without saying. If the opposite were true, why didn't we trade our 3OA last year for 2 lower first round picks, because of "you never know"? Doesn't quite work that way.

We all want the team to succeed however, reality is that the worst possible outcome is just missing the playoffs.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
A cross check to the face is not inadvertent. It's plain stupid particularly at that time of the game.
The Bruins were dead in the water at that point.
Bruins managed to take "a plain stupid penalty at that time of the game" and still come out with a regulation time win.

Good teams can do that.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Scathing comments by Bobby Dollas on twitter:

Dollas is usually mild-mannered and even handed. Kinda surprising even tho I can already see backlash coming in the form of "who the f*** is Bobby Dollas" and "what has he ever won" comments. However, I don't think he has an agenda from all the times I've heard him on 690.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Bruins managed to take "a plain stupid penalty at that time of the game" and still come out with a regulation time win.

Good teams can do that.
They got revenge for Pleks goading Krejci into a stupid late penalty a couple years ago.

Man, we used to have a team of Bruin killers and now we have the opposite.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Bad draft pick ? You never know. You can fall on guys like Point and Gally or Josh Brook in later rounds, and draft dogs like Leblanc, Tinordi, McCarron, etc... in a first round.

Can we have the best season we can instead of looking at "tanking" (makes me puke) ?

A team can tank when thre is no freagin hope left and a hadful of games to play... And even then, you can lose at the lottery. So....

Not everyone is satisfied with the likelihood of extending 25 years to 30 or more. Aiming to squeak into the playoffs is a very low target to focus on, and one almost certainly destined to be at best, disappointing.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
We were all over them in the third and definitely had the momentum and the legs.
yea. That switched back and forth all game. Switched when Pasternac took penalty and Habs scored. Switched back when Drouin got penalty and Bruins scored.

4 oputt 5 penaltiers get killed. Habs did not kill penalty and lost. Did not tie it up after words at 5 on 5. Lost.

Im no Drouin fan but he did not lose the game for the team. Habs never had a lead, for the entire sixty minutes.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I remember that game.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/boston-bruins/krejci-accepts-responsibility-stupid-penalty

“It’s pretty obvious that we’ve lost the last two games because of [the lack of discipline],” said Claude Julien. “The disappointing part is that it’s coming from our leaders. If we’re going to go in the right direction then I think it’s important for our leaders to lead in the right way
The roles were flipped this time around.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Drouin had been feisty all night and he played great, I won't hold it against him. For the Canucks players that were ragging on KK for falling on the ice on the Del Zellto penalty the other day, I hope there were a few Habs players ragging on Mr. Supposed to be tough David Backes for the fake job on Drouin. He was acting like he had been shot. If it had been the opposite, you would not have heard enough of the Jack Edwards rants.

Last edited:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
So if you contribute offensively it allows you to basically be braindead in other aspects of the game? He crosschecked Backes in the face at centre ice with 5 minutes left in the game, surely you are joking or maybe you just started watching hockey?

No he is saying without Drouin, we're not back in the game. Pretty simple to understand.

Reactions: PaulD

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
yea. That switched back and forth all game. Switched when Pasternac took penalty and Habs scored. Switched back when Drouin got penalty and Bruins scored.

4 oputt 5 penaltiers get killed. Habs did not kill penalty and lost. Did not tie it up after words at 5 on 5. Lost.

Im no Drouin fan but he did not lose the game for the team. Habs never had a lead, for the entire sixty minutes.

Dude did you watch the game? We were never in it until the third when the ice tilted in our favor after Rask let in that crappy goal. Arguing Boston takes dumb penalties does not change what Drouin did and when he did it. Bottom line he managed to kill any chance we had to win that game once Boston scored. As for your four out of five penalties get killed what is the ratio for 4 minute penalties and do 4 out of 5 of those get killed against a team running at 30%?

Reactions: Tyson

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Game was crap and it has been past few games! The Defense is crucial, I don't know if Weber could fix it all! When it was markov and subban, price was amazing! They did their part and so did price. Without them the current team right now is ugly.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Dude did you watch the game? We were never in it until the third when the ice tilted in our favor after Rask let in that crappy goal. Arguing Boston takes dumb penalties does not change what Drouin did and when he did it. Bottom line he managed to kill any chance we had to win that game once Boston scored. As for your four out of five penalties get killed what is the ratio for 4 minute penalties and do 4 out of 5 of those get killed against a team running at 30%?
Not arguing.

Just not blaming a loss on one player for taking a dumb penalty.

But I should not have commented on the game at all. I was channel surfing to other games. As usual.

Reactions: groovejuice

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Game was crap and it has been past few games! The Defense is crucial, I don't know if Weber could fix it all! When it was markov and subban, price was amazing! They did their part and so did price. Without them the current team right now is ugly.
Which is why I just tune in and and tune out. Lots of great hockey going on around the league. Canadiens will always be my team, but I have never been less compelled to watch a full game.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Which is why I just tune in and and tune out. Lots of great hockey going on around the league. Canadiens will always be my team, but I have never been less compelled to watch a full game.
I mainly watch to see how Kotkaniemi plays and domi! And for TOMAS! TAAAAAAAATAAHHHHH!

Reactions: PaulD

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Scathing comments by Bobby Dollas on twitter:

Dollas is usually mild-mannered and even handed. Kinda surprising even tho I can already see backlash coming in the form of "who the **** is Bobby Dollas" and "what has he ever won" comments. However, I don't think he has an agenda from all the times I've heard him on 690.

View media item 3455

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I actually disagree. I thought the habs could easily be at least tied in the first period. Rask looked incredibly sharp.

The 2nd period was milder, for both teams. Then the 3rd was a blitz right from the start. I really don't understand how we can say that the habs were never in it until the 3rd, other than pointing at the scoreboard.

Reactions: Simarino

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I actually disagree. I thought the habs could easily be at least tied in the first period. Rask looked incredibly sharp.

The 2nd period was milder, for both teams. Then the 3rd was a blitz right from the start. I really don't understand how we can say that the habs were never in it until the 3rd, other than pointing at the scoreboard.

No question Rask was sharp in the first and yes we looked beat in the second period. I remember commenting in the GDT that it was time for that extra rest to kick in. The Hab's had more energy in the third and that soft goal definitely sparked us coming back from 0-2. My point still remains Drouin took a stupid 4 minute stick infraction when everything was going our way it's not acceptable from any player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->