Confirmed with Link: Erne and Hirose sign 1 year deals

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
It's only one year deals so it's no big deal. I'm just curious as to what made these two stand out from the rest. I would have easily lumped these two with Ehn, Perlini, etc.

Reactions: 14ari13

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
It's only one year deals so it's no big deal. I'm just curious as to what made these two stand out from the rest. I would have easily lumped these two with Ehn, Perlini, etc.
Hirose actually has offensive skill and Erne (and Ehn) seemed to actually give a shit out there even though things weren't working out offensively.
That's just the reasoning I see. Also Stevie and Erne go back to TB.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
did we not qualify Ehn?

edit: I guess not..must have missed that during the draft madness yesterday. Personally I think Ehn is more useful than Erne, but not a huge deal. I guess Yzerman still likes Erne from his Tampa days.

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
I assume we are going to see expanded rosters if there is no AHL season, so these are perfect guys to keep around as bodies.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I really hope that they aren't going to sign Rasmussen out of a roster spot. Zadina went back home to get game work in; Seider stayed home and is now in Sweden to get game work in. Both I would anticipate being pulled back to Detroit for the start of the season. Veleno is in Sweden, McIsaac in Finland on full year basis, in quality leagues.

Sending Ras to a low level Austrian league and turning that into a full season situation would be a big mistake in my mind. I want him in the NHL, but if we are going to leave him in Europe for a full season, he needs to be in a better league.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I really hope that they aren't going to sign Rasmussen out of a roster spot. Zadina went back home to get game work in; Seider stayed home and is now in Sweden to get game work in. Both I would anticipate being pulled back to Detroit for the start of the season. Veleno is in Sweden, McIsaac in Finland on full year basis, in quality leagues.

Sending Ras to a low level Austrian league and turning that into a full season situation would be a big mistake in my mind. I want him in the NHL, but if we are going to leave him in Europe for a full season, he needs to be in a better league.
That's probably why Rasmussen is in a shitty league, they weren't willing to commit to a full season loan and there isn't much roster room on good European clubs. He'll be brought back as soon as there's NHL functions.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
They're depth signings so I'm not mad, but Erne adds nothing to this roster. If he's going to be an offensive black hole with the puck at least lay some hits occasionally.

Hirose is fine. There's SOME upside there I guess.

Bowey and Ehn were trash.

Perlini passed the eye test most nights imo, but at some point you have to actually do something on the scoresheet. Snake-bitten or not.

Reactions: Henkka

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I assume we are going to see expanded rosters if there is no AHL season, so these are perfect guys to keep around as bodies.

Possible yeah.

Could see them expansing the rosters for playoff-sized, what is that? 28 players?

Basic 23 + 5 black aces?

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Meh, either guy could live without but these are just depth signings so whatever

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Taro has skill. Would like him and Timashov on lower lines to add offensive depth. This team needs to score more

Reactions: RedMenace

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad