Prospect Info: Erik Portillo, G, 67th 2019, University of Michigan

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Looks like a good goalie prospect for whatever that's worth.

Is it a hard "L" sound? Because I always read it like the rolling "EE", as in the malbec.

Reactions: Chainshot

jc17

Jun 14, 2013

Is it a hard "L" sound? Because I always read it like the rolling "EE", as in the malbec.
On a video I watched the swedish announcer pronounced it POR TEE LO.

Reactions: Chainshot

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Glad we took a goalie. That pipeline was disgustingly barren. It’s inexcusable the way we’ve neglected the position lately. Should take one every year.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Barren?

Wolves’ Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen Named OHL Goaltender of the Year – Ontario Hockey League

Botts has now taken two goalies in his three drafts and they have both been with his third pick of the draft.

I think the big miss was the 2016 Draft where they had 10 picks and didn't take a goalie or two.
UPL looks like a great prospect, but yes it unquestionably was barren in terms of sheer number of prospects. The organization just hasn’t drafted enough of them going back a solid 10 years.

Reactions: Freeeeedom

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden

I keep doing the same thing.
Not sure if I understood this right but I think you're talking about how the double L should be pronounced? I'm sure he is of Spanish or South American descent so I guess it should be pronounced that way. In Sweden I think I've only heard the L sound pronunciation, though.

Reactions: muhmuhMatt

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Not sure if I understood this right but I think you're talking about how the double L should be pronounced? I'm sure he is of Spanish or South American descent so I guess it should be pronounced that way. In Sweden I think I've only heard the L sound pronunciation, though.

Having lived in Latin America, I see double L's and automatically default to the Spanish, even if that isn't how his name is pronounced.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Made 32 saves on 33 shots in the 2-1 "win" yesterday against the US Blue team (quotes because the puck didn't actually go in).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad