Erik Karlsson's another bad start to a season, 1 assist, -6 for 3 first games

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Unfortunate but he's a shell of his former self.

His weaknesses are even more glaring now due to what seems like a career altering injury in 2017.

Ottawa got the $11.5 million dollar Karlsson that San Jose is currently paying for.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Wow big bounce back game from karlsson. still wasn't the karlsson of old but he was showing flashes of brilliance. Legs were looking good as well, i guess playing 30 mins is good conditioning.

wouldn't be the first time in his san jose career that he started slow but caught fire.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
yeah he doesn't need much but when he is the split step ahead he can make a lot out of it

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
There's a special place in hell for that filthy animal Matt Cooke.

He's ruined too many careers.

EK used to be so dynamic and amazing to watch. Now he's a shell of his own self, if that...

Reactions: SensontheRush

Honest M

May 11, 2012
Karlsson had a really good game tonight. Sorry guys.

Yes, first star of the game. I think he have been ok in the first games, not really at the level you expect him to be and struggles to get there. It's the first games for a very long time.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
karlsson and doughty look to have fallen off a cliff while stamkos is playing out of his mind to start for tampa bay. chess, not checkers.

timmeh

Nov 8, 2009
karlsson and doughty look to have fallen off a cliff while stamkos is playing out of his mind to start for tampa bay. chess, not checkers.
I think Doughty and Karlsson both would play a lot better with the motivation of playing on a contender. I know they’re pro’s and it shouldn’t matter. But at least I would be less inclined to preform if I knew it didn’t matter.

Reactions: Burkeocet

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
I think Doughty and Karlsson both would play a lot better with the motivation of playing on a contender. I know they’re pro’s and it shouldn’t matter. But at least I would be less inclined to preform if I knew it didn’t matter.
Did you forget that EK played for the Sens x amount of years.........?

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
There's a special place in hell for that filthy animal Matt Cooke.

He's ruined too many careers.

EK used to be so dynamic and amazing to watch. Now he's a shell of his own self, if that...
while i agree, the guy literally had his best seasons after the injury, so idk where this argument is completely valid.

its valid in the sense that Cooke is a joke of a human being.. but to say he ruined EK's career when he's literally had insane seasons post-injury, is false.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
while i agree, the guy literally had his best seasons after the injury, so idk where this argument is completely valid.

its valid in the sense that Cooke is a joke of a human being.. but to say he ruined EK's career when he's literally had insane seasons post-injury, is false.
Well, Cooke ruined Karlsson's skating, that's for sure. Before Cooke, Karlsson was a top 3 skater in the league and if he could've stayed injury free from such aggravating injures, it would've improved even more.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Well, Cooke ruined Karlsson's skating, that's for sure. Before Cooke, Karlsson was a top 3 skater in the league and if he could've stayed injury free from such aggravating injures, it would've improved even more.
yea i agree he isnt as free flowing as he was pre-injury but the guy is just as good (or was before SJ ruined him, yes i went there) offensively as he was pre-injury.

his problem, like PK's was IMO, they arent western conference dmen. they are better suited for the east, less physical and more dynamic. People will say its a shit argument but idc really. Doesnt help SJ isnt built very well now and thats what happens when you're good for so long. They are in a transition phase..

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Clint Eastwood is living the dream in California and he's been putting in his best effort despite already making millions of dollars! Change your username dude...
So did Gretzky, Robitille, Nichols, Dionne, Blake, Kopitar and many more.

Karlsson will never be a great defensive dman. But he will produce offensively.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Unfortunate but he's a shell of his former self.

His weaknesses are even more glaring now due to what seems like a career altering injury in 2017.

Ottawa got the $11.5 million dollar Karlsson that San Jose is currently paying for.
Yea. Two major injuries. The achilles tendon ripped by Matt Cooke. Then the foot surgery after the 017 season.

The play offs of 017 when EK and the Sens went to the semi final. He was incredible. Con Smythe candidate until the Pens eliminated them game 7 overtime.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Karlsson had a good game guys, just ignore the rest of the games where he was crap.

Posters who critique his play generally ignore the stretches during the last 2 season where he was playing great hockey, so that shouldn't be hard.

Reactions: Alwalys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad