Erik Karlsson's another bad start to a season, 1 assist, -6 for 3 first games

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
How he plays today, how he played last season...he really is not the Erik Karlsson of before, sad i guess.
Isn't producing, offensively and gets worse defensively each season it seams, the lack of care is really troubling

- 2 examples from today

looses a foot race, then just couldn't care less

i know its a shot from blue line and a redirect goal, but how #65 plays
how little he cares before the puck goes to the blue line.....
Karlsson didn't defend anyone

Reactions: ryan callahan

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
With all due respect Kyrou blew by him like a bat out of hell and I just don’t think he was expecting it. Not that he didn’t want to keep up. I think Jordan just was already at that next level skating wise. Still only 3 games in. Be patient. Blues fan here.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
If effort is part of the question, I couldn't blame him.

If I was making 11+ mil a season living the dream in California on the sinking ship known as the Sharks, Idk if I'd be putting my best effort forth.

However, a bad injury history does him no favors.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Karlsson was on a decline before that big contract. His contract matches the old Karlsson. Not the Karlsson who was playing when he signed that.

This (amongst many others) should be a reminder to not get excited about year 1-3 when signing a 29-31 year old and remember about year 4-8.
I hate this but I'm gonna have to agree with a Leaf fan, dayum I need a drink!

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
That contract is brutal.
Unfortunately for the Sharks its not the only brutal one on the roster. They have a penchant for signing multiple players who will soon be or are... on the downside of their career for a lot of money for very long terms... Karlsson (35 in 2024-25 season), Burns (40 in 2024-25 season) , Vlasic (38 in 2024-25 season) , Couture (36 in 2024-25 season) , Kane (34 in 2024-25 season).

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
If effort is part of the question, I couldn't blame him.

If I was making 11+ mil a season living the dream in California on the sinking ship known as the Sharks, Idk if I'd be putting my best effort forth.

However, a bad injury history does him no favors.
Clint Eastwood is living the dream in California and he's been putting in his best effort despite already making millions of dollars! Change your username dude...

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Karlsson will be fine.

He wasn't ready for Kyrou's speed on that first goal, but in fairness to Karlsson, Kyrou is REALLY fast and Karlsson probably hasn't played against him before.

Not sure what the big deal is with the second goal. In no way was that one Karlsson's fault.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
He's just had two seasons with 40ish points in 50ish games. Not sure about his defense but he is for sure producing offensively even after all the injuries.

Reactions: Slimmy

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
With all due respect Kyrou blew by him like a bat out of hell and I just don’t think he was expecting it. Not that he didn’t want to keep up. I think Jordan just was already at that next level skating wise. Still only 3 games in. Be patient. Blues fan here.

Karlsson will be fine.

He wasn't ready for Kyrou's speed on that first goal, but in fairness to Karlsson, Kyrou is REALLY fast and Karlsson probably hasn't played against him before.

Not sure what the big deal is with the second goal. In no way was that one Karlsson's fault.

Same thing happened when EK met Austin Wagner, just familiarity imo. Like yes you want someone to be better prepared for that but it also hasn't happened (with Wagner) since.

I didn't watch so maybe there's more I missed but death, taxes, EK sleepwalking through the first ~10% of an NHL season.

Reactions: Slimmy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad