Speculation: Erik Karlsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
I still think our offer stands, take it or leave it type of deal, not that we have a clue what the offer looked like, especially if it was a three way deal that was proposed.

We'll see, I'm not getting any hopes up.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Are offer is still probably on the table for them, the longer this goes the more the offer is going to change, i don't think are offer would be that bad just sens hoping for another team to come in and try and beat it.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Debatably. It would not give us the big run this year, but it would cost significantly less assets. There’s also the risk he signs somewhere else.
With no guarantee of extension, trading all those assets was a bad idea. UFA is the best way to move forward now if he is being non committal.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Look, it's not like we need them to guarantee an extension. Where else would Karlsson want to sign more, and who would get in the way of us signing him?

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Look, it's not like we need them to guarantee an extension. Where else would Karlsson want to sign more, and who would get in the way of us signing him?

Have Yzerman to tell Hedman to keep buttering up Karlsson, we will give him a respectful offer in the off season, then just go from there. I don't want to give up an Arm and a leg if we are already one of the top dogs for him. There was some people that had Sergachev pegged in the trade back. Look I love Karlsson, he is my favorite non Bolt in the NHL right now. He is a legit Franchise Defenseman who is capable of taking over games. Though I'm not willing to give up heir apparent for the number 1 spot that will keep or window open for another 5 to 10 years longer in exchange for him. If their demands go down, then sure bring him on board. If not, wait it out and talk to him at the appropriate time letting him know that we do want him very badly in the unofficial waters of his good friend Hedman.

Reactions: Rschmitz

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Whatever Ottawa's management can **** up, they will **** up. That's like Rule 3 in the NHL rulebook. So I'm expecting them to hold out until the TDL and trade him for half value, or get stubborn and let him walk for nothing, while the animosity between players and management does nothing but grow and get uglier.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Maybe the Buffalo rebuild comes to life and he suddenly decides he wants to take $15 million a season to play with Dahlin, Eichel and Mittlestadt.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
If something like that happened, we are still fine

Im fine with our team as it is. If we get Karlsson great, if not no big deal. We can try later and if it doesnt work then wasnt meant to be. Oh well we have Foote and Cernak both coming in soon on that right side, Hedman and McDonagh on the left. Sergachev is going to be a beast. We should be good there for years. Even without Karlsson. Lets focus on getting our core signed and if Karlsson wants to come we make room for him.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Dorian might be realizing his bluff has been called and is trying to drum something up again. There's no way he doesn't realize Karlsson's value is dropping the closer he gets to UFA. If he holds out for a blue chip ++, Ottawa's gonna take a massive step backward when it doesn't materialize and Karlsson walks.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Dorian might be realizing his bluff has been called and is trying to drum something up again. There's no way he doesn't realize Karlsson's value is dropping the closer he gets to UFA. If he holds out for a blue chip ++, Ottawa's gonna take a massive step backward when it doesn't materialize and Karlsson walks.

Dorian has limited options. Most (if not all) of those options probably include Ottawa not getting what they think EK is worth. So with all that is going on there and also Dorian wants to keep his job, they want to maximize what they can get out of this situation. If Dorian waits until the deadline, he can say my back was against the wall. I was holding out for a better deal and it never came. If he does that deal now he looks like he didnt do all that he could do. This is why I think it goes to the deadline.

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017

This almost feels like collusion in a way. I know it isn't, but it's pretty damn close imo.

It is very obvious to me and I'm sure many others that Kuch and Vasi are lobbying for Panarin, while Hedman and Stamkos are pulling for Karlsson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->