Speculation: Erik Karlsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
A simple "$" is probably appropriate

I wish I was a billionaire. I'd buy that team so f***ing fast it's unbelievable. Small acts of good faith would have the city swooning at the feet of new ownership. In so many words the franchise would see their early 90's jerseys brought back with a delicate modern touch to the old logo, reduced ticket prices in the seating areas that are being tarped off as to salvage nightly income, firing everyone and putting the ball in Duchene and Karlsson's court to come back in order to salvage a true and legitimate rebuilding process that'll have a 2C and generational defenseman in the pocket already. It would take years and we'd finish dead last but ideally we'd be picking superstars in the draft and the process would see the team ready for the playoffs just in time for the new arena.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL

I wish I was a billionaire. I'd buy that team so ****ing fast it's unbelievable. Small acts of good faith would have the city swooning at the feet of new ownership. In so many words the franchise would see their early 90's jerseys brought back with a delicate modern touch to the old logo, reduced ticket prices in the seating areas that are being tarped off as to salvage nightly income, firing everyone and putting the ball in Duchene and Karlsson's court to come back in order to salvage a true and legitimate rebuilding process that'll have a 2C and generational defenseman in the pocket already. It would take years and we'd finish dead last but ideally we'd be picking superstars in the draft and the process would see the team ready for the playoffs just in time for the new arena.
Well instead of a 2019 1st the sens chose Brady tkachuk. LOL.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

I wish I was a billionaire. I'd buy that team so ****ing fast it's unbelievable. Small acts of good faith would have the city swooning at the feet of new ownership. In so many words the franchise would see their early 90's jerseys brought back with a delicate modern touch to the old logo, reduced ticket prices in the seating areas that are being tarped off as to salvage nightly income, firing everyone and putting the ball in Duchene and Karlsson's court to come back in order to salvage a true and legitimate rebuilding process that'll have a 2C and generational defenseman in the pocket already. It would take years and we'd finish dead last but ideally we'd be picking superstars in the draft and the process would see the team ready for the playoffs just in time for the new arena.

"I'm going start a rebuild by signing a 2C and a generational D in their late 20's to long term contracts and entice them with last place finishes and the promise of hopefully picking superstars to help lead a new wave of players 3+ years down the line."

wtf? that would be a horrible business plan and an even worse plan for team direction.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
"I'm going start a rebuild by signing a 2C and a generational D in their late 20's to long term contracts and entice them with last place finishes and the promise of hopefully picking superstars to help lead a new wave of players 3+ years down the line."

wtf? that would be a horrible business plan and an even worse plan for team direction.

Will you at least once you use your head? I swear to God talking to you is like talking to someone who needs to be explained that milk goes back in the fridge after using it or turning on water is part of taking a shower because you can't use more than 2 brain cells for any else other than dumb ass sarcastic remarks about it because you can't use them to understand steps that are implicitly part of the process

It's their decision to stay and be part of the rebuild. No one is gonna put a gun to their head over it because both are UFA. The rebuild happens with or without them and the first step is to offer them new deals. If they take it great, if not then they walk. The Senators are a complete and total shit heap in desperate need of an actual rebuild and everyone on earth (players included) know that the Senators will continue to suck dog shit with or without them both. That fact that it's in good faith to the fanbase and players to negotiate new contracts for them under a brand new regime that is not Melnyk seems to be completely lost on you. If they DO re-sign then Ottawa at least have a 2C and generational D to show for it and it's 2 less steps they have to take despite the fact they'll likely be a bottom feeder. I swear to God it's like you don't remember we finished last place with Vinny, Marty in their prime and rebuilt with them. But I'm the idiot because somebody needs to take a job.

Last edited:

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Another week gone by and yet still nothing happening. Is there a real possibility that he re-signs with the sens after all of this.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Another week gone by and yet still nothing happening. Is there a real possibility that he re-signs with the sens after all of this.
Probably not unless they get new ownership.

Still got a couple months til training camp for something to happen. I don't think rumors are necessary to keep this thing alive.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'd probably say TDL. He'll stick it out with his team and see if there is any change or plans on new ownership. If not he'll ask to be traded at the TDL and if not he walks July 1st

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
I'd probably say TDL. He'll stick it out with his team and see if there is any change or plans on new ownership. If not he'll ask to be traded at the TDL and if not he walks July 1st

Saw someone post in the trade thread a while back that there owner didn't want to sell as he wanted to give the team over to he's kid at one point don't know if there was any truth in it though. Whatever happens i hope Yzerman is at least looking at alternatives.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Royal **** up of the century. They better hope for a great year or it'll be one of the biggest mistakes since Burke traded his 1st rounder (that predictably turned into 2nd overall and Tyler Seguin) for Phil Kessel

How did that pick predictably turn into the 2nd overall? Toronto was the 7th worst team in the league the year before and we're adding a 30 goal scorer. At worst youdy think they'd finish in the same spot. No way youdy think you'd bottom out after adding a player like that. If that pick wasn't top 2 it's a win for Toronto as only Hall and Seguin were sure things. If it was 3rd Boston ends up with Gudbranson possibly.

I also really like Tkachuk. He's no Jack Hughes so if it becomes the 1st overall it's bad. Tkachuk should be replacing Hoffman, who by eliminating should improve the moral of that team, who's a 25g 55p guy. I can see Tkachuk being a 15g 50p player as a rookie so not much dropoff. If they have a healthy Anderson in net, White, Brown and Chabot take big steps in development they should be better than they were last year so the pick would be 5th or worse.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
How did that pick predictably turn into the 2nd overall? Toronto was the 7th worst team in the league the year before and we're adding a 30 goal scorer. At worst youdy think they'd finish in the same spot. No way youdy think you'd bottom out after adding a player like that. If that pick wasn't top 2 it's a win for Toronto as only Hall and Seguin were sure things. If it was 3rd Boston ends up with Gudbranson possibly.

It wasn't a matter of the roster, it was a matter that the team was continuing a very hard and noticeable decline that began even before the loss of Sundin. They hadn't made the playoffs in 4 years, their goaltending was poor, they traded Steen to the Blues when Blake was falling off a cliff, Kubina was gone, I mean the whole team was nothing to write home about. Granted I did not think it would get as low as 2nd overall pick but I would've bet the house on it being between 3 and 5. But the TML had different plans and GM Brian Burke was obviously tasked with making the team better right away and Kessel was his best option.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Sure if you severely cherry pick how many years you want to look at... Over the course of his career we are way ahead.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Well in the past two seasons us and Ottawa have been close to winning it all the exact same, ECF game 7 losers. Both teams have missed the playoffs as well so you can't call us any more a winner than they are.
But going forward looking at both teams Tampa is much better going forward there goalie is like 37 years old and ours vasy is just hitting his prime at 23.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Sure if you severely cherry pick how many years you want to look at... Over the course of his career we are way ahead.

Ok let's look at the past 10 seasons that Karlsson and Stamkos have been in the league. Each team has finished above the other 5 times, so even there. Each team has been to the playoffs 5 times, so even there. We've had better success in the playoffs but to make it seem like Ottawa has been a basement team his entire career is just wrong.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Your posts are so Andy Kaufman-like that I just don't know how to respond.
There's no such thing as winning an argument with Hose. He'll find an argument for Sustr being better than Orr whether it makes any sense or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->