Speculation: Erik Karlsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
why flipper moved before the expansion draft

I don't know his family thing or if he even has one but Stralman does and has said he wants to stay in one place. I can see him going the way of the Sedins or Edler who didn't want to leave Vancouver and wouldn't waive if asked.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I don't know his family thing or if he even has one but Stralman does and has said he wants to stay in one place. I can see him going the way of the Sedins or Edler who didn't want to leave Vancouver and wouldn't waive if asked.
ya he does have 4 kids and would like to stay here I would think

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Their fans seem content in letting him walk in FA. Best case scenario for TB fans right?
From an asset management standpoint, yeah, but Yzerman isn't going to just sit around on his hands for a year if he feels like there's moves to be made that will make his team better today. If he cuts bait and goes for a guy like Faulk then he's not going to pull in Karlsson next season unless Karlsson does take a ridiculous discount. Even then you'd be looking at some serious player movement, IMO.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Why would we go after Faulk? and anyone else mediocre really. Karlsson and Tavares are exceptions because of the quality, otherwise we've done what we should've this season, stand pat with the roster we have.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I would prefer that we see who we have in some of our young guys. Despite our vet majority on our team, I really like our next wave of players coming in. We really need to be wise about who we spend money/assets on. Im all for Karlsson but Faulk might be a mistake. If we dont land Karlsson just re-sign Stralman and let the kids come in and get some time.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
A lot of Tampa fans being really stupid on the trade board.

In the newest EK thread or just in general?

I usually avoid the Trade board like the plague until recently with the whole EK kerfuffle. Don't think I'm going to post much in the newest iteration of the EK thread though. Looks like it's gotten even crazier in there. :eek:

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I know you are but what am I?
giphy.gif

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Beyond stupid. In February they "might" get a 2nd rounder and future considerations. Ottawa, however, is not run by the best and brightest.

Nah, they'll get a low 1st ++. But they won't get the building block type prospect they can get right now. Like, if Sergachev puts up 40 points for us again, I can't see us dealing him. Yzerman doesn't like to deal off the roster at the TDL in general. Maybe we're not even offering him now, but if Ottawa wants a major piece, they won't get it at the TDL.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It did briefly glance over another obvious facet that Karlsson would want to remain in Ottawa but not under the current circumstances. It's hard to blame the guy. And that the Hawks could be in on Patch but would could be waiting for arbitrations around the league to happen first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->