Erik Karlsson vs. David Rundblad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
There is a difference between quickness and mobility. Pronger isn't the faster guy, but has the best mobility in the league. I'm sorry you're overrating Karlsson if you think he's going to be the same player as Keith.

Not saying he will be, but your underrating him if you don't think the kid posseses all world skill and elite potential.(he's already a better player then what Keith was at his age).

I really encourage you watch him more closely next year(although I'm sure people will start to hear his name a lot more often once we get some more talent around him), He's one of those kind of guys that's worth the price of admission.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I agree with Jason York, Karlsson may not have the best top speed, but in terms of pure explosive acceleration and agility, he's unmatched.

I have an old clip, which is probably my fav clip of Karlsson where he makes St Louis look like a fool:
http://video.senators.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20102011,2,1073&event=OTT1108

Karlsson faked him out and crated a huge gap between himself and St. Louis in from a stand still in 3 strides and creates a great chance.

itscameron

Jul 11, 2010
St. Catharines, ON
I agree with Jason York, Karlsson may not have the best top speed, but in terms of pure explosive acceleration and agility, he's unmatched.

I have an old clip, which is probably my fav clip of Karlsson where he makes St Louis look like a fool:
http://video.senators.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20102011,2,1073&event=OTT1108

Karlsson faked him out and crated a huge gap between himself and St. Louis in from a stand still in 3 strides and creates a great chance.

That was an awesome game. Definitely one of my favourites of last season. Karlsson and Spezza were unstoppable.

BadHammy*

That's not a fair clip, Marty is only 5'4:sarcasm:

Coco the Monkey*

Aug 31, 2010
There is a difference between quickness and mobility. Pronger isn't the faster guy, but has the best mobility in the league. I'm sorry you're overrating Karlsson if you think he's going to be the same player as Keith.

You do realize that Keith was not expected to be Keith, right?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
milk is to cookies as bbq sauce is to chicken strips/nuggets.

There. Boom. Done.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
i have compared karlsson to keith for sometime now. Thier skating is their biggest asset and what makes Keith a good defensemen in the league. Also has the offensive side of the game.

There arent many defensemen who can skate as well as Keith/karlsson in the league

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
You think Karlsson will become that good or is that a style comparison? Style, sure. Talent, no.

pure talent? Karlsson is aheaad at the same age be it stick skills or skating. WILL he be as good as Keith? Only time will tell i guess but he needs to keep progressing. Their styles are very similar except Karlsson doesnt have the same muscle mass that keith has. That comes with age and work though

Kershaw

Not saying he will be, but your underrating him if you don't think the kid posseses all world skill and elite potential.(he's already a better player then what Keith was at his age).

I really encourage you watch him more closely next year(although I'm sure people will start to hear his name a lot more often once we get some more talent around him), He's one of those kind of guys that's worth the price of admission.

Well I saw him against the Rangers and Devils. He was nice at rushing the puck up, but was weak at giving the puck along the boards or cycle game. He is poor defensively.

Kershaw

You do realize that Keith was not expected to be Keith, right?

Huh? How does that argument work? I understand that Keith needed to have everything going right for him to become the player today, but there are many players like that. Enstrom, Byfuglien, Datsyuk, etc...

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Huh? How does that argument work? I understand that Keith needed to have everything going right for him to become the player today, but there are many players like that. Enstrom, Byfuglien, Datsyuk, etc...

Exactly. And if everything goes right with karlsson, he's like keith. Almost identical.

Kershaw

Exactly. And if everything goes right with karlsson, he's like keith. Almost identical.

That's a very unlikely scenario. It's like me saying Anisimov will become the next Kopitar if everything goes right for him. The chances of that happening are very slim.

Coco the Monkey*

Aug 31, 2010
That's a very unlikely scenario. It's like me saying Anisimov will become the next Kopitar if everything goes right for him. The chances of that happening are very slim.

:help:

You're not giving nearly enough credit to Karlsson. Karlsson is already equal to Keith offensively, one could argue.

Defense is the easiest aspect to improve on. Duncan Keith isn't amazing defensively either

BadHammy*

Well I saw him against the Rangers and Devils. He was nice at rushing the puck up, but was weak at giving the puck along the boards or cycle game. He is poor defensively.

That's a good point. I expect Rundblad to be a little better in that area, as he is a bit larger, but maybe not quite as good offensively. It's really hard to tell right now though. Rundy hasn't played a single NHL game yet, impossible to call him better at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emerica

May 29, 2010
That's a good point. I expect Rundblad to be a little better in that area, as he is a bit larger, but not quite as good offensively. It's really hard to tell right now though. Rundy hasn't played a single NHL game yet, impossible to call him better at this point.

Agreed.

Kershaw

:help:

You're not giving nearly enough credit to Karlsson. Karlsson is already equal to Keith offensively, one could argue.

Defense is the easiest aspect to improve on. Duncan Keith isn't amazing defensively either

No he isn't. And defense isn't 'easy' to improve on. Some players don't have the physical tools to become good defenders. However I don't see that with Karlsson.

Manny*

No he isn't. And defense isn't 'easy' to improve on. Some players don't have the physical tools to become good defenders. However I don't see that with Karlsson.

Let me start by saying that I believe Keith is the best defenceman in the league. In fact, I have him as the second best player in the world behind Crosby.

However, this past season Karlsson had as many points as him in seven less games. What's more, Keith played on a stacked team. Karlsson is nowhere near Keith at the moment, and will probably never reach that level, but talking strictly offence, I don't think he's very far off at all.

Coco the Monkey*

Aug 31, 2010
Let me start by saying that I believe Keith is the best defenceman in the league. In fact, I have him as the second best player in the world behind Crosby.

However, this past season Karlsson had as many points as him in seven less games. What's more, Keith played on a stacked team. Karlsson is nowhere near Keith at the moment, and will probably never reach that level, but talking strictly offence, I don't think he's very far off at all.

What are you on? 2nd best player in the world? Guy's had 1 great year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad