Erik Karlsson - TSN Feature 2013 (Video)

kaws

Apr 10, 2010
I was thinking of making a thread about this video last night, but posted it in the All Purpose thread instead.

great video.

Healfezza

Sep 9, 2008
Red Deer
The only thing I really wonder is would Karlsson have slid to us or were we right to trade up to take him. Either way I feel that the move was justified because in the end we got an amazing player even if he would have gotten to us hypothetically.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
The only thing I really wonder is would Karlsson have slid to us or were we right to trade up to take him. Either way I feel that the move was justified because in the end we got an amazing player even if he would have gotten to us hypothetically.

I heard that Anaheim had Karlsson very high on their list, so its possible they could have taken him at 17.

sexytime

Apr 17, 2009
Ottawa

The ends justify the means.

General Granny*

Off all the crappy writers we have here in Ottawa they pick the idiot that called the pick a garbage pick.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Murray made the move because he knew Anaheim was going to select him. Pretty sure they had him ranked 5th on their scouting report.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
I dont get the Don Brennan hate around here.

Watching that clip increased my excitement exponentially for tomorrow's game.

Brennan wrote an entire piece about how Karlsson was a garbage pick and would never amount to anything. He spends all his time gushing over him now and ignores anyone that reminds him that he was unbelievably wrong.

He also writes for the Sun.

Mawlrat

Sep 27, 2011
Not a fan of Brennan, but in all fairness he's quoting a fan, not saying Karlsson was a garbage pick (of course he has his doubts). The season ticket holder said "That's a garbage pick. They could have had him in the second round." and Brennan responds "Thing is, we really don't know how good Karlsson can and will be.". Brennan said Karlsson was going to be good. How good? Well, it was hard to tell. He never said Karlsson was a garbage pick.

Also, if we drafted another 5'10" 150 pound guy in the next first round I'm sure there will be a bunch of people enraged with Murray for picking such a small player and another bunch thrilled that it could be the next potential Karlsson. No body could have said on his draft day Karlsson would be one of the best if not the best.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Dude. The tile of his article was "Karlsson is a garbage pick". I'm pretty sure he was trying to imply something.

This. If he liked the pick, he wouldn't make an article titled "karlsson is a garbage pick" he would name it "karlsson; how good can he be" if he was really wondering how good he can be.

Mawlrat

Sep 27, 2011
The headline is still the fans quotation... it catches the reader better than "How good could he be?"... Quotation marks are made for a reason. "Karlsson: A garbage pick." implies writers opinion. "Karlson: 'A garbage pick'." implies writer writing about other peoples opinions (which of course the writer can agree on, but doesn't have to).

A writer can make the headline off a quotation that sticks out from what they are reporting. The thing that sticks out is the fan that says Karlsson's a garbage pick because he's embarrassed by all of his non-Sens fans friends mocking him for his teams pick.

The headline doesn't tell you the whole story.

If you go your whole life reading just the headlines you're not going to know too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad