Erik Karlsson says the Senators would have still traded him even if he re-signed with them

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
If they truly wanted to trade Karlsson “anyway”, as Karlsson states, then why did they trade Hoffman in a desperate manner? They traded Hoffman in hopes Karlsson would sign, they got rid of a guy that supposedly pissed him off.
They (management) decided in February that Karlsson was being traded, so he's right.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Just saw the interview. Wow Ottawa's management is looking really bad right now. I know they have been a tire fire but this is just adding more.

Reactions: BHD

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
On the contrary, it is you who is ignoring my point.

btw, I have made no mention about discounts or going for dollars, you are ignoring my point.
Your only point is you "feel they're pampered enough". That really isnt a point.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
If they truly wanted to trade Karlsson “anyway”, as Karlsson states, then why did they trade Hoffman in a desperate manner? They traded Hoffman in hopes Karlsson would sign, they got rid of a guy that supposedly pissed him off.
Wasn’t there more players involved then just karlsson. I don’t remember the deal too well but Hoffman makes almost double of bodker which would be in line with management being cheap.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Sens didn't want to keep the best defenseman in the game but try to make Borowiecki one of the main faces of the team.

What the f*** is this management?

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
NTC's should not be allowed anyway.

If I was getting paid the money these guys get paid I would live with it. I think they get pampered enough as it is.

They get pampered enough as it is.

Why don't these union guys care about the players who don't "deserve" NTC's? I'm not a fan of elitism.

On the contrary, it is you who is ignoring my point.

btw, I have made no mention about discounts or going for dollars, you are ignoring my point.

Look deeper.

There is nothing deeper. You fail.

Buhbye.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
He signed up for a job no reputable GM would, to be Melnyk’s patsy.

There’s only 31 positions in the league to be a GM, you take whatever is offered to you. Not defending Dorion, I think he’s a bad GM. However, I don’t think, as you suggest, that he willingly wanted to be Melnyk’s patsy. No matter how much you dislike Melnyk (he’s the worst owner the league we can all agree on that), I doubt you’d refuse the Ottawa GM spot if they called you tomorrow and offered it to you.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Be interesting if you can figure it out but I get the impression you're one of those people who can't think outside the box and always thinks he's right. It's quite transparent.

Anyway, good luck.

Yes you're transparent. Nothing to see. I get it.

You've literally said nothing of value. I even quoted your posts.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
There’s only 31 positions in the league to be a GM, you take whatever is offered to you. Not defending Dorion, I think he’s a bad GM. However, I don’t think, as you suggest, that he willingly wanted to be Melnyk’s patsy. No matter how much you dislike Melnyk (he’s the worst owner the league we can all agree on that), I doubt you’d refuse the Ottawa GM spot if they called you tomorrow and offered it to you.

Dorion isn't the GM, Melnyk is.

While the scenario you propose would entail the person being offered the GM position, there's only position that person would be asked to take and that's bending over, smiling and taking the money.

Dorion is being paid to do Melnyk's dirty work and lie to the fanbase over and over again. I've worked well paying jobs that made me miserable, I'm not doing that again and I doubt anyone who knows what that's like would.

Reactions: Iceman

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
bending over, smiling and taking the money

It’s called a job, surviving. Anyone that has a job is essentially in the same situation. I doubt anybody would refuse that kind of money, and anyone who says otherwise is lying. You’re equating the GM job of the Sens to some mercenary who kills innocent people. Get a grip, it’s sports - nobody gets hurt by his decisions.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Wasn’t there more players involved then just karlsson. I don’t remember the deal too well but Hoffman makes almost double of bodker which would be in line with management being cheap.

they got rid of Hoffman to get rid of Hoffman .... I was at the Sens game last night and it was an exciting game....and I didn't have to watch his lazy ass play nor his lack of willingness to take a hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad