Erik Karlsson (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
The main board thread on Karlsson is a dumpster fire. Wilson has to be one of the most underrated GMs in the league on this board...it's ridiculous.

If Karlsson walks, it's not because of money (Hasso is willing to pay anything IMO) or the teams "window". It's because he or his wife (or both) don't want to commit to the West Coast and prefer to be in the East.

With that said, Wilson has been waaay to candid about contract talks and how confident he feels they can resign him that I don't see any reason Karlsson leaves other than what I said above.
I can't remember DW EVER talking this openly about resigning a player. This is why I've always maintained that they have it worked out (maybe not the minutia) and they[re just waiting until after the TDL to make it official.

Reactions: SjMilhouse

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
i will go out on a limb and say karlsson signs for 8 years 10 mil per year.
This is my guess too. I think he signs for a little less than Doughty so he isn't dominating Burns and because DW and the other Sharks players will get him to buy into the idea of having money for depth players so they can afford to keep and or go sign good players.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
FWIW athletes take home about half their contract. However with that much you can put that shit in bonds and be good to go

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
Nice to see you're getting the Karlsson that we saw here in Ottawa..... I knew it would take 20 or so games for everyone to adjust to his skills and vision, and for him to get used to a new life in a new city. He should be pretty consistent for the rest of the season, although 1.36 ppg might be hard to continue, but you guys have good offensive guys, so who knows, might go even higher...

Reactions: FeedingFrenzy

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
First, we drafted Ozolinsh and he burst onto the scene with offense we’d not experienced. Then we traded for Boyle and his drive and IQ raised our output. Then we traded for Burns, the perfect amalgam of offense and defense.
Now we have the savvy, the vision and the grace of Karlsson.
This is going to be quite a ridGo Sharks!!

Reactions: Makoshark

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
DB923508-0018-4-A66-BF1-E-A0-E63-E90-EBAB.png

Peep the comment from EK65...

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Yesterday was a pretty poor game from EK65. But I do think a combination of him being banged up as well as playing on a back-to-back had a lot to do with it. Burns did not look too good yesterday either.

Makoshark

Sep 19, 2018
Humboldt County
Glad the team has a week off. EK65 really cam alive after the suspension. I know he will be in the ASG but luckily is usually no more intense that a practice scrimmage.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
It’s a good sign that they planned to do things after the all-star break, and then got started on it early.

Its actually nice to see the talks start while EK65 is out due to injury. Shows that the Sharks don't care about that and were willing to talk as long as EK65 was ready. I am fairly certain things get done and we hear about the next contract right after the TDL. Also, gives us a good idea on what we can do at the TDL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad