Erik Karlsson (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Everything sucks. Karlsson is terrible. He's not going to re-sign and even if he was we wouldn't want him because he's a broken shadow of his former self and DW is an idiot for buying a gigantic lemon that was never as good as he was supposed to be in the first place.

Vs

You dumb Californians don't know how to appreciate Karlsson because you don't watch hockey enough and he's too good for you and you don't deserve him because you just don't know any better

Vs

Why can't we just have DeMelo back. And no, I'm totally not a Pete DeBoer sock puppet account. This comment has been brought to you by Dairy Queen. #FreeMelker

There. I just saved everyone agonizing hours of reading the previous threads and continuing in this one.

You're welcome. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Everything sucks. Karlsson is terrible. He's not going to re-sign and even if he was we wouldn't want him because he's a broken shadow of his former self and DW is an idiot for buying a gigantic lemon that was never as good as he was supposed to be in the first place.

Vs

You dumb Californians don't know how to appreciate Karlsson because you don't watch hockey enough and he's too good for you and you don't deserve him because you just don't know any better

Vs

Why can't we just have DeMelo back. And no, I'm totally not a Pete DeBoer sock puppet account. This comment has been brought to you by Dairy Queen. #Free Melker

There. I just saved everyone agonizing hours of reading the previous threads and continuing in this one.

You're welcome. :sarcasm:
My only issue with all of this is the sarcasm emoji.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I keep seeing the "be patient he will come around and everything is fine" and I'm starting to wonder when that will be. Karlsson probably had his worst game as a Shark last night.

Reactions: BaileyMacTavish

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I keep seeing the "be patient he will come around and everything is fine" and I'm starting to wonder when that will be. Karlsson probably had his worst game as a Shark last night.

I think it is normal to get upset that Karlsson is not delivering right away. But I think it is also rather premature to say that he is not going to work out. I have seen enough flashes from him that I am not overly worried about him. It has been only 13 games so far into the season. If he is still playing this way in another month or so, then maybe panic.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I think it is normal to get upset that Karlsson is not delivering right away. But I think it is also rather premature to say that he is not going to work out. I have seen enough flashes from him that I am not overly worried about him. It has been only 13 games so far into the season. If he is still playing this way in another month or so, then maybe panic.

I didn't say it's not going to work out. I'm just getting impatient with his lack of goal production thus far.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I am happy with Karlsson so far.

I am unhappy with Vlasic's play with Karlsson so far.

I still blame Vlasic on that (I think) third goal more than Karlsson. Ok, Karlsson made a bad pass, but it looked like Vlasic was lazy and ended up giving up on the play. Bail your partner out for crying out loud.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
That would be "AHL-level defenseman" Dylan DeMelo.
peter-deboer.jpg

"Who the **** do you think you are?"

:sarcasm:

Reactions: Sandisfan

McDeez

Feb 8, 2007
San Jose
He was being eaten alive on the blue line all night by the Jackets. Credit to them for their forecheck and 30 blocks. But you can't shoot the puck 12 times and get it blocked 9 times. I'm going to stay optimistic and say he will come around soon.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Truth By Numbers: Is Erik Karlsson really struggling in San Jose? - Sportsnet.ca

Q: Is Erik Karlsson proof the west-coast mute button is real because I’ve heard so little. All I’ve heard is he hasn’t been up to his standard. What do the early numbers actually say?

A: Karlsson has been killed by on-ice percentages this season, with the 15th-worst PDO in the league among players with 50 or more minutes played at 5-on-5. The Sharks are scoring on just 4.17 per cent of their shots while he’s on the ice, and getting scored on 15.1 per cent of the shots they give up, per Corsica. Does shot quality have something to do with it?
Karlsson.png

Unsurprisingly, no, it’s just bad luck to start the year. Karlsson is absolutely crushing it so far in San Jose in the underlying numbers, ranking fifth overall among defencemen in shot attempt differential, 16th in shots on goal differential, 41st in high danger chances differential, 23rd in slot pass differential, and 18th in the highest percentage of rebounds recovered in his own zone.
Karlsson is who he always has been. But there’s lots of radio silence in San Jose right now because everyone thought they’d be great, but while they’ve played great, their results have been mediocre with a 6-4-3 record because of a horrid PDO run.
Eventually that will correct itself and San Jose is going to be pretty scary, and then I’m assuming we’ll start to hear more Karlsson hype. If we don’t, then maybe the West really does get ignored.

RoloTonyBrownTown

Oct 31, 2018
Part of the problem is that Karlsson is trying to emulate Burns. He's throwing garbage shots on net at every available opportunity, through tons of traffic, and he just doesn't have the same skillset Burns does in that regard to get those shots through.

I don't know if that's Karlsson trying to mold his game or if it's PDB's orders, but EK should be given the greenlight to do whatever the f*** he wants out there and let the rest of the team follow.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
I see it like Karl is looking to make a play to someone or anyone, but the Sharks are all expecting Karl to make the first move. Like when you get crossed up opening the door for someone and they tell you to go ahead. It's just awkward right now.

RickyHP

May 9, 2013
Bay Area, CA
Part of the problem is that Karlsson is trying to emulate Burns. He's throwing garbage shots on net at every available opportunity, through tons of traffic, and he just doesn't have the same skillset Burns does in that regard to get those shots through.

I don't know if that's Karlsson trying to mold his game or if it's PDB's orders, but EK should be given the greenlight to do whatever the **** he wants out there and let the rest of the team follow.

i thought PDB and staff told karlsson to do what he does best. this was in a recent press conference with PDB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad