Speculation: Erik Karlsson - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Finally we won't read anymore that "Karlsson really wants to play in Tampa with Hedman".
If he really, REALLY, wanted to play with Heddy, he'd not have asked fo this type of contract.
The only thing Karlsson wants is a big salary.
He's found the idiots who will pay him 11 mlns a year...good for him.
But also good for us.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Welp, gonna be tough to stay interested in a failed core. Here is to hoping for some sort of shakeup.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Finally we won't read anymore that "Karlsson really wants to play in Tampa with Hedman".
If he really, REALLY, wanted to play with Heddy, he'd not have asked fo this type of contract.
The only thing Karlsson wants is a big salary.
He's found the idiots who will pay him 11 mlns a year...good for him.
But also good for us.
Hey hey hey don't you talk about Erik that way damn it!!! We aren't idiots either

*Deep breath*

Sorry man I'm emotional right now

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Could still make a play for Trouba or Risto. We can sign next years RFAs early too.

If all else fails we have Rutta so it'll be alright

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
There's the 10%. Good for him and San Jose.

Sucks for us though but 11m was never a possibility here.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think he will check out what FA is like. Doesnt mean he will come here or not go back to the Sharks but I think he will at least look. Stamkos said that you only get to be a UFA once or twice if you are lucky and I bet it can be a fun thing. All these teams trying to sell you on being a part of their team has gotta be fun. I think even if I knew where I wanted to go I would still do a bit of that.

Well this aged nicely.

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Hey hey hey don't you talk about Erik that way damn it!!! We aren't idiots either

*Deep breath*

Sorry man I'm emotional right now
I'm sorry but I cannot accept and tollerate a contract like the Karlsson one.
And I cannot tollerates the bull*. I'm familiar with these situations in soccer: I've read lots of times that a player wants to play with my team...but, in the moment of truth, he did not accept the contract the organization offer to him because he prefered to play for a worse team but with a richer contract.
And EK is like the soccer players, for real.
Believe me: we won't lost anyone special :) If we'll resign Point and if BB will make some adjustment, we'll have fun next year.

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Sure, I just don't know if JBB feels the same way. I do know they want Cally gone based on how many times he was healthy scratched last year

That's fair enough. The writing has been on the wall for Callahan for a good year. Now I guess this also means we can get Stralman back

#smallvictories #pleasestayhealthyanton

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Could still make a play for Trouba or Risto. We can sign next years RFAs early too.

If all else fails we have Rutta so it'll be alright

Meh I don't see what the big deal about Risto is. I'd like to see a player on a bad team shine more than that to be considered really good. He's basically a rich man's Sergachev

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
And I cannot tollerates the bull*. I'm familiar with these situations in soccer: I've read lots of times that a player wants to play with my team...but, in the moment of truth, he did not accept the contract the organization offer to him because he prefered to play for a worse team but with a richer contract.
Believe me: we won't lost anyone special :) If we'll resign Point and if BB will make some adjustment, we'll have fun next year.
I don't blame the players for taking what is offered them. I may want to move out of state for work, but if my current company offers me a ludicrous amount of money I'm taking it without hesitation.

GMs are to blame here, if anyone is even to blame.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Yeah I know. You're not wrong. Thank God I'm a Liverpool fan and have been for years now

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Would have been good to have him but it’s not the end of the world. Be interesting to see if we start to look at Trouba now. At least EK he has decided to stay out west.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I don't blame the players for taking what is offered them. I may want to move out of state for work, but if my current company offers me a ludicrous amount of money I'm taking it without hesitation.

GMs are to blame here, if anyone is even to blame.
Yes, for sure, you're right.
Imho with the Tavares and EK contracts, it seems that many NHL GMs are working like soccer GMs...
Karlsson has made the right choice: it's impossible not to accept a contract like that one.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Yeah I know. You're not wrong. Thank God I'm a Liverpool fan and have been for years now
Congratulations for your Champions League win this year. You've an amazing team and an amazing head coach :)
I'm a Juventus fan... :( :( :( And if we're talking about the Lightning that usually choke in the post season...the situation with my fav soccer team in the CL Finals is worse for sure :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->