Erik Karlsson Megathread (All Proposals, Discussion, Speculation, and Rumors) [MOD 3470]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
It would cost us considerably more than that, but I could definitely see Shero being interested.

Probably more along the lines of our 2018 1st, Severson & McLeod as the core of the deal with another good prospect (Quenneville/Anderson/Boqvist) + conditional pick (based on Karlsson re-signing) going Ottawa's way too .

Bratt + Severson + 1st + 2nd?

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
It's a foregone conclusion everyone is gonna watch TSN's deadline coverage so they don't have to listen to this clown.

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
Wouldn't it be something once he hits UFA status then signs with the Leafs??? He's the dman they need to really put them over the top!!!

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Isnt ottawa in trouble if this is true?

Karlsson is literally their franchise...

Hope kipper is right.
Karlsson wants to win, and to win you need the management group to commit to hockey first, dollars second. Does that sound at all like Ottawa to you?

As a Pittsburgh sports fan, I see the same thing in the Pirates, and it breaks my heart. Why would anyone want to play for a team like that?

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Karlsson+ Ryan for Brouwer+brodie+dube+any d prospect+ any other prospect or 2019 1st

Brouwer and brodie replace production for way less salary, the prospects pretty much amount to 3 1sts + taking on Ryan's contract for karlsson. Brodie's no slouch and is cost controlled.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
What's Garrioch been saying? Wouldn't he know what's up?

Kypreos is trying desperately to push the idea that he will be traded before the deadline. He made his comments on Saturday and it didn't take long before McKenzie and Dreger downplayed the likelihood of a trade before the deadline. He's trying to make people forget about that. You even had Dreger today say that it's still a possibility that Karlsson stays and signs long term, he also says any trade talk is not being pushed by the Karlsson camp. At this point you have SN trying to build up hype before the deadline and TSN is downplaying it every step of the way.

Last edited:

Jan 21, 2018
Unpopular idea, but what would Karlsson and Ryan for Weber and Montreal's 2019 1st rounder sound? Sens still get a 1D while getting rid of Ryan's contract.

so OTT/MTL swap cap dumps (Ryan/Weber) and OTT gives up Karlsson for a 1st that's not even this years.

Okay then.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Bratt + Severson + 1st + 2nd?

Value wise it's fine, it's just that we're competing for a playoff spot and trading Bratt would create an enormous hole on our right side; outside of Palmieri & Bratt all we have is a bunch of washed up trash like Hayes & Stafford.

Realistically the only non-futures piece we can send back is Severson, Karlsson would be taking his spot anyway and i'm sure he'd be an attractive piece for Ottawa since he's a young cost-controlled (with term) replacement for EK. Other than that I doubt we'd be looking to considerably weaken our existing roster to accommodate a trade like this, absolutely nothing is off-limits pick-wise or in our prospect pool (i'd give up a wealth of futures to get it done) but I don't think there's enough value in upgrading Severson to Karlsson to justify losing Bratt.

To clarify, Karlsson is undeniably MUCH better than Severson, but losing Bratt means two of Stafford/Hayes/Lappin (AHL plugs) being in the lineup on a nightly basis, that kind of a setback wouldn't make sense of us right now when we're chasing a playoff spot.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
We had better get A LOT more value than say... Girard + Kamenev + Bowers + Hammond + 1st + 2nd + 3rd

The Duchene trade was an incredibly unique situation that will not be repeated any time soon. Using it as a measuring stick is foolish.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
so OTT/MTL swap cap dumps (Ryan/Weber) and OTT gives up Karlsson for a 1st that's not even this years.

Okay then.

Weber is significantly better than Ryan, and also saves up a ton of cap for Ottawa. I personally think Montreal should give even more than that, but with 2018 1st probably being very high, and Habs fans being biased, well yeah...

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Nick Kypreos on sportsnet like

$

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
We always say that but the guy is legit. He was the first to break the Weber-Subban trade. He has reliable sources and insiders whether we like it or not.

I don't doubt he has some contacts within the league. The problem I have with Kypreos is how he has presented the information. You have other guys who are just as connected, maybe even more connected saying opposite things. I don't think he knows something that Mackenzie and Dreger don't. So why is what's being said by him so different than whats being said from the two guys over at TSN.

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary

Kypreos is trying desperately to push the idea that he will be traded before the deadline. He made his comments on Saturday and it didn't take long before McKenzie and Dreger downplayed the likelihood of a trade before the deadline. He's trying to make people forget about that. You even had Dreger today say that it's still a possibility that Karlsson stays and signs long term, he also says any trade talk is not being pushed by the Karlsson camp. At this point you have SN trying to build up hype before the deadline and TSN is downplaying it every step of the way.

Thanks! When it comes to the Sens I'd take Garrioch's word over Nick's any day of the week.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Are you sure? Are you sure you heard it correctly?

Also is this really a surprise? He said he wants top dollar and Ottawa is known to lose its elite players. Karlsson will be no different in terms of this repeating.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I don't doubt he has some contacts within the league. The problem I have with Kypreos is how he has presented the information. You have other guys who are just as connected, maybe even more connected saying opposite things. I don't think he knows something that Mackenzie and Dreger don't. So why is what's being said by him so different than whats being said from the two guys over at TSN.
I just tune him out whenever he talks. I find him really rude on the noon hour Hockey Central show so never watch when he's on there. One of these days MacLean should just do us all a favour and beat him within an inch of his life right there on camera.

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad