Erik Karlsson Megathread (All Proposals, Discussion, Speculation, and Rumors) [MOD 3470]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yashole

Feb 10, 2018
EK may leave or he may not leave. There are a handful of people on this planet that know for sure. Kyperos is far from one of them. When was the last time a superstar walked from a team? In the end I think he gets a 8×11 and stays with the sens

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Actually shouldn't question number one be something to the effect of "do we actually believe anything Kyper says"?

I mean if you look at the state of the franchise, the only reason to sign with thm would be money and he can get more elsewhere because Ottawa does not spend to the cap

BobbyRyan

Apr 11, 2016
We had better get A LOT more value than say... Girard + Kamenev + Bowers + Hammond + 1st + 2nd + 3rd

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
Erik Karlsson will be a New Jersey Devil.

McLeod
2019 1st

Karlsson then resigns 7x10M

I don't know what the market will look like but I imagine the haul would be much better before the deadline.

Not enough.

Draft trade:

NJ gets:

Erik Karlsson

OTT Gets:

Damon Severson
Jesper Boqvist
One of Fabian Zetterlund/Marian Studenic/Joey Anderson
2018 First Round Pick
2020 Conditional Second Round Pick
(Condition that if Karlsson doesn't sign an extension the pick is not exchanged)

Ottawa gets back a Top 4 D and a B+ Prospect with Two picks and the Devils get their #1 D.

Last edited:

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
The Karlsson situation is a really tough one for Ottawa.
He has more value now than he will at the draft but if you trade him now without trying to sign him the fan base will be on the verge of revolt.
It’s going to take a massive contract to keep him and it will limit what else they can spend. You also have to wonder if you do give him that contract can he regain his previous form. He hasn’t looked nearly as good this year and the injuries have started to add up.

Overall it’s probably a good problem to have. If they do trade him they should get some fantastic pieces back and if they sign him and he regains his previous form you have one of the best players in the world locked up for his prime. Still not easy decisions to make.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Has Kypreos ever been right abut anything?

Yes, actually.

Kypreos called the Subban trade about 4 months before it happened. He talked about how Subban was going to be traded in the off-season during a HNIC segment in march and everyone laughed and ridiculed him much like they are doing in this thread.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Yes actually. Just because the media is creating a stir doesn't mean any of it is real. He can't sign now so they're just running away with it.

I don't want to sound like a dick, but why would Karlsson ever consider re-signing? A cheap owner who won't spend to the cap, and whatever he could offer EK that would be considered market would eat into remaining funds to build around him.

I don't like Kypreos either, but he's right.

I lived through this as an Oiler fan before Katz bought the team. Watching Doug Weight get traded because he was never going to have a chance to win on a budget team was a tough pill to swallow. I feel for Sens fans. But the reality is, Karlsson will never have as much trade value as right now, it's just a question of how willing they are to take futures as the majority of the package. No team is going to dismantle their current roster to add him.

sailorjerry97

Jan 5, 2018
i would love to have him in Edmonton but they probably wouldn't be able to work the cap.
Would be happy to see him in Colorado feeding passes to Mack

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Erik Karlsson will be a New Jersey Devil.

McLeod
2019 1st

Karlsson then resigns 7x10M

I don't know what the market will look like but I imagine the haul would be much better before the deadline.

It would cost us considerably more than that, but I could definitely see Shero being interested.

Probably more along the lines of our 2018 1st, Severson & McLeod as the core of the deal with another good prospect (Quenneville/Anderson/Boqvist) + conditional pick (based on Karlsson re-signing) going Ottawa's way too .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->