Erik Karlsson Megathread (All Proposals, Discussion, Speculation, and Rumors) [MOD 3470]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreakingGood

Jun 29, 2014
i'm basically a "never trade prime age superstars" type of guy, and the dude is maybe the second best defenseman in history, and i think he's certainly the best right-shot guy ever (tho i love Chelios), but uhh... it sure as hell looks like he's gone either way. if the senators bungle this, which they will, it's gonna be a historic disaster.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Can Kypreos just STFU. Stop trying to get viewers for the deadline. HES NOT BEING TRADED IN A WEEK.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Kypreos is a fool and I can't stand watching him. However I do agree with him the EK won't resign in the Ottawa circus. I see him dealt at the draft.

Reactions: Alex1234

Hockeygod66

Mar 25, 2007
Karlsson and a retained Ryan for Lucic, RNH and Edmonton's unprotected 1st. Sens save a ton of real dollars in going from Ryan to Looch, and acquire a young center to either replace Brassard long-term or use as trade bait for other "cost effective" assets.

lol

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
This is getting incredibly tiring seeing the same thing over and over again when there's nothing concrete to suggest it's true.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008

This will probably remain the case and we won't see anything happen this deadline, but I think it will be a mistake on the Sens part. Maximize the trade value. Can any Sens fan truly believe he will re-sign there at this point?

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
It's a big risk for Karlsson to play out next year without an extension. If he gets hurt again or doesn't have a bounceback season he could lose a lot of money. He's also been here for ten years, married an Ottawa girl, and is about to have a kid. It's not 100% certain that he'll re-sign but to say it's a "foregone conclusion" that he won't is just pathetic journalism.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Heard something really interesting from a friend in Oilers org.

Oilers are VERY in on him and included in some of the stuff going the other way is Lucic..... Have to think that includes this years first.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Ofcourse he wont... Im surprised he hasnt asked for a trade to be honest. There is no chance in hell Melnyk forks over 12+ per year for him... Like cmon

I honestly think its a no brainer he is traded

Id love to see him stay, but it aint happening

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Kyper just said during the 1st intermission of the Leafs/Panthers game that was a forgone conclusion that Karlsson was NOT going to re sign with the Senators.

so the question becomes 3 fold

1 Where does he go?

2 WHEN does he go? does he go by that deadline or at the draft?

3 can the team that gets him actually sign him? I am looking at Tampa as an example here, they might get him but could they sign him with Kucherov also needing a deal?

things just got interesting

Actually shouldn't question number one be something to the effect of "do we actually believe anything Kyper says"?

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Can any Sens fan truly believe he will re-sign there at this point?

Yes actually. Just because the media is creating a stir doesn't mean any of it is real. He can't sign now so they're just running away with it.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

Oilers are VERY in on him and included in some of the stuff going the other way is Lucic..... Have to think that includes this years first.
Drai would have to be going back.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
If Vegas could get a hold of him then maybe having to re-sign him to a massive contract would stop them from giving Neal a massive contract this summer. Haha

But I don't really believe he will be traded, at least not until sometime next season.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

why would the OTT organization want Lucic's contract?

NYR and OTT should just help each other out... McDonagh \ Karlsson swap as the main deal with picks\players added should be good for both sides. OTT with cheap GM will get a top pairing Dman for 4.7M per. NYR with deep pockets get EK.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

They wouldnt take that horrendous contract. No chance

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
We'll give him 10.5 too and then well have 31.5 million in 3 players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad