Rumor: Erik Karlsson Mega Thread IV - All rumors/speculation/proposals go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Signed Karlsson for Nylander, 1st, Lievo

one can dream

Id even upgrade Leivo to choice Grundstrom/Sandin/Liljegren

that leafs team Matthews-Tavares-Kadri up the middle and Karlsson added on D, would probably leapfrog the bolts as the east favorite

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
The sens arent gonna trade Karlsson to the leafs. Melnyk would rather watch EK go for a weaker return than see an atlantic foe get him (cough hoffman)

I wonder is there a team that would do a 3-way deal though? te 3rd team would get Karlsson as an upgrade on their top 4 dman. The leafs would kick in a guy like Nylander + to nab a guy to play with Rielly. The sens would maximize their return and not have to see EK in TO

EX:
TOR: Subban
NSH: Karlsson (with extension at 11mil)
OTT: Nylander, TOR 1st, NSH 1st

Jul 6, 2016
The sens arent gonna trade Karlsson to the leafs. Melnyk would rather watch EK go for a weaker return than see an atlantic foe get him (cough hoffman)

I wonder is there a team that would do a 3-way deal though? te 3rd team would get Karlsson as an upgrade on their top 4 dman. The leafs would kick in a guy like Nylander + to nab a guy to play with Rielly. The sens would maximize their return and not have to see EK in TO

EX:

Babcock is not the biggest fan of Subban....

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

Babs doesnt always get what he wants. If he did the leafs would have Hanifin over Marner...cringe

pretty sure he could get on board with this D group

Rielly-Subban
Gardiner-Hainsey
Dermott-Zaitsev

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Would it be a feasible option for him to get traded to a contender as a rental to later sign with the Sens after next year?

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014

Then it's time for him to get down from his high horse. His view of how a dman (and a center) should be is a very unrealistic expectation given the kind of player(s) he coached in Detroit.

Subban is a star player and would make any team better.

Reactions: Peanut

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Longer this goes, the more I feel he resigns with the Sens. However, I have a feeling someone will cave soon. I'd love Vegas to finally give in on Glass.

Ottawa: Glass, Theodore, 1st
Vegas: Karlsson signed

Dick Whitman

Feb 15, 2008
Ottawa
Longer this goes, the more I feel he resigns with the Sens. However, I have a feeling someone will cave soon. I'd love Vegas to finally give in on Glass.

Let's hope it's Melnyk caving to a potential buyer that caves first.

Reactions: derriko

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis

Lol you have to be kidding. No fan can be this delusional. A top center prospect, a young future top pairing d-man and a 1st for Karlsson?

And why would Karlsson agree to an extension here beforehand and deprive his future team of valuable assets? It'd make more sense for him to extend once there, or just to go there as a UFA.

Nobody wins there except for the sens. Therefore Vegas, and Karlsson wouldn't do it.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Would it be a feasible option for him to get traded to a contender as a rental to later sign with the Sens after next year?

People suggest that all the time, but it’s happened only once or twice in the decade I’ve been following the NHL IIRC.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
People suggest that all the time, but it’s happened only once or twice in the decade I’ve been following the NHL IIRC.

Glen Wesley did it on the leafs..... fan winik did it. Maybe twice?

Didn’t weight do it?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Lol you have to be kidding. No fan can be this delusional. A top center prospect, a young future top pairing d-man and a 1st for Karlsson?

And why would Karlsson agree to an extension here beforehand and deprive his future team of valuable assets? It'd make more sense for him to extend once there, or just to go there as a UFA.

Nobody wins there except for the sens. Therefore Vegas, and Karlsson wouldn't do it.

Karlson is a top 3 player in the game. If he is signed in his prime he is worth more than that. Without question.

Also. Players in the real world don’t care about prospects and picks... you think he is going to delay moving or possibly getting hurt for draft picks and prospects? Players don’t care... most of the time they are mad the team doesn’t spend picks to add.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Surprised this is taking so long. Thought this would be done by now. Starting to think he's a Sen next year and then gets his rights traded at the draft or is dealt at the deadline.

Reactions: thesensguy
Feb 24, 2017

EX:
Nylander and a relatively poor 1st doesn’t get Pk.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
If the Senators think they can re-sign him why not just trade him as a rental for this year and then re-sign him in FA next year? You could probably get a few nice pieces including getting a first back. I mean even with a Karlsson that team isnt winning a cup. So why not just use the situation to your advantage. Especially if you have every intention to re-sign him. You give him a chance to go win a cup and then you guys just re-sign him next offseason. Maybe by then they would have a new owner too.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't see why Karlsson would want to re-sign in OTT just because they have a new owner. As far as he's concerned, it would be a stranger, and I'm betting he'd rather go to a place with a proven track record and a solid ownership and management.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

so what is his value?

I love how some fans on hf rather win a prospects cup than a stanley cup

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Karlson is a top 3 player in the game. If he is signed in his prime he is worth more than that. Without question.

Also. Players in the real world don’t care about prospects and picks... you think he is going to delay moving or possibly getting hurt for draft picks and prospects? Players don’t care... most of the time they are mad the team doesn’t spend picks to add.
Exactly that guys is the one that delusional. Some fans smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->