Rumor: Erik Karlsson Mega Thread IV - All rumors/speculation/proposals go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Honestly as much as I dislike the Sens I feel bad for them. If they had a proper owner things would be a lot different right now.
Absolutely agree.............

So, if this is taking time, is it fair to say the return from offers, has been underwhelming? We all know EK is gone, and their GM is in tough for sure, hence no deal as of now? Any chatter out there on this?

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017

So, if this is taking time, is it fair to say the return from offers, has been underwhelming? We all know EK is gone, and their GM is in tough for sure, hence no deal as of now? Any chatter out there on this?

I wouldn't say he is gone, Sens still have a chance to resign him. If it wasn't for the donkey Melnyk who has managed to ruin a franchise in the space of 14 months he probably would have signed ages ago. Hard to tell if a deal was ever close in the first place. The longer it goes on though the more it looks like he will move at some point.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Is that trade call still going through ?

Well, all those storms down in the caribbean probably still have connection breakups since EM lives in Barbados. It's probably coming in as morse code and they're trying to put the pieces together to make any sense of it.

We - -/ trad - -/ E - - - / - - - - -son / - th - - 19/

f - r/

T- - p- - s/ Ser - - ch - -/And- - - - -/- - - 2020/2nd 20 - -/

Y- - / - at - h/ a - l/ -f/ t - at?/

Probably a little longer in length than that in GM to league language.

Reactions: BigRig4

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Melnyk is tying Dorion's hands ... Dorion has to grow a pair and say look ... We are not moving Ryan with Karlsson if you can't stomach resigning Karlsson to over 11 with at 80% bonus $ in the first 3 years. I recommend signing Karlsson. We can move Karlsson as a rental without Ryan. If you want Ryan's contract gone you need to eat some of it , maybe 3 million per ... Otherwise we are just going to sit here spinning our wheels and continue to lose value as we do. Moving Ryan's contract even retaining 3 million per will give us some $ to help with Karlsson/Stone/Duchene.

Reactions: SensFactor

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017

Friedman said the offers aren't good enough. They're only going to get worse though, so the Sens have a decision to make. Take less than what you feel is fair and return something or let him go for free. Either situation is bad, so I guess it's whatever.

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
Friedman said the offers aren't good enough. They're only going to get worse though, so the Sens have a decision to make. Take less than what you feel is fair and return something or let him go for free. Either situation is bad, so I guess it's whatever.

Will they for sure get worse? If one of TB, Vegas, Dallas get to December and realize they need Karlsson more than they needed him in July, then the offer gets better.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Will they for sure get worse? If one of TB, Vegas, Dallas get to December and realize they need Karlsson more than they needed him in July, then the offer gets better.

Is that a gamble Ottawa wants to take? TB looked pretty damn good in December last year. I don't think their offer goes up. If anything, they're going to spend assets on another player in the next few weeks and drop out of the Karlsson sweepstakes altogether.

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
Is that a gamble Ottawa wants to take? TB looked pretty damn good in December last year. I don't think their offer goes up. If anything, they're going to spend assets on another player in the next few weeks and drop out of the Karlsson sweepstakes altogether.

Tampa isnt the only bidder. If one team ups the offer, the rest either follow suit or risk losing out on the deal.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Everything is moot if ownership changes. There's way more at play here than just hockey.

It's abundantly clear that ownership change is a real possibility, and if it does, Karlsson signs long term with Ottawa. Dorion and Karlsson probably know better than anybody else how likely this is. So yeah, the gamble to wait may be based on this rather than what other teams may or may not offer.

VicVinegar

Realtor/Bodyguard
Sep 28, 2017
What would Dallas give up then that they wouldn't now? They won't trade any good roster players (sorry Miro is still out) because they are competing. They'll probably offer the same thing as they are now (Honka, other prospects, picks), or less seeing how he'll only be a Star for a few months.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
They absolutely would.

Erik Karlsson isn't the guy you get when you hit December and say "Oh man we need some help on defense". Erik Karlsson is the guy you get to be a cornerstone of your defense. When you can't guarantee that for longer than a season, why are you shelling out premium assets once the season has already started?

It was reported several times last season that Yzerman wasn't looking to deal off of his roster when looking to make a deal. He was looking to add to it. He eventually dealt Namestnikov, but replaced him with Miller. I don't think Namestnikov goes in that deal if Miller isn't brought in. So you think he's going to offer Sergachev once the season starts when he reportedly isn't even including him now? For a guy who won't sign an extension?

Maybe a GM gets desperate and makes a play that hurts his team just to get EK, but that's a pretty big gamble for the Sens to take.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

You're also paying for less Karlsson.

Also, given the suitors, it's more likely the offers get worse.

Tampa Bay, if they are the best team in the league, won't be that desperate to increase their offer. With Dallas and Vegas, if both get off to poor starts, they may back out completely and save their young assets.

It really can go either way. Right now you know what you can get, come February, that can change

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Everything is moot if ownership changes. There's way more at play here than just hockey.

It's abundantly clear that ownership change is a real possibility, and if it does, Karlsson signs long term with Ottawa. Dorion and Karlsson probably know better than anybody else how likely this is. So yeah, the gamble to wait may be based on this rather than what other teams may or may not offer.
Something for sure has to up,no news about anything...Even simple contracts that should have been done arent getting done....Everything on our roster seems to be frozen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->