Rumor: Erik Karlsson Mega Thread Episode V - If You Needa Post About Him, Do It Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think the hold up is the extension. Does he extend? Without that, I dont see Ottawa getting a great deal. Especially if they are trying to package Ryan in there too.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
To me, it's a "fish rots from the head" thing. Hard to fill your dressing room with character when Melnyk's out there making the most awkward video in NHL history. I just have a hard time believing the team, even its prospects, have a whole lot of faith in what's going on behind the scenes there. They went from acquiring Duchene to make a run to, less than a year later, a full blown rebuild.
I have never heard that saying.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Karlsson + Ryan for Hertl, Merkley, 2019 2nd, 2020 1st? Thoughts?

This makes sense to me. Sens rid themselves of Ryan and get a younger player who is signed for a while. Ryan replaces Hertl for the Sharks, and they get Karlsson for picks and a prospect.

There's no way SJ can take on Ryan. If they would, much more cap than Hertl would need to go back to Ottawa.

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
To me, it's a "fish rots from the head" thing. Hard to fill your dressing room with character when Melnyk's out there making the most awkward video in NHL history. I just have a hard time believing the team, even its prospects, have a whole lot of faith in what's going on behind the scenes there. They went from acquiring Duchene to make a run to, less than a year later, a full blown rebuild.

I couldn't agree more. I feel like the team is going to try to add character players to the locker room but that won't fix the stench at the managerial level. Trading Karlsson will get you a quality guy or two but without ownership changes, the chaos between the scenes will surely continue.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
There's no way SJ can take on Ryan. If they would, much more cap than Hertl would need to go back to Ottawa.

This isn't true. The Sharks could take on Bobby Ryan and Erik Karlsson if Ottawa retains one mil on Karlsson and the return includes Braun, Karlsson, and Tierney. What would also likely be included in such a deal because Ryan is coming this way is either Meier or Labanc.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Karlsson + Ryan for Hertl, Merkley, 2019 2nd, 2020 1st? Thoughts?

This makes sense to me. Sens rid themselves of Ryan and get a younger player who is signed for a while. Ryan replaces Hertl for the Sharks, and they get Karlsson for picks and a prospect.
EK + Ryan is 13M+ combined. How will SJS absorb that? They have 4.3M in space currently. Ryan would have to be moved in a 3 way deal

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
I couldn't agree more. I feel like the team is going to try to add character players to the locker room but that won't fix the stench at the managerial level. Trading Karlsson will get you a quality guy or two but without ownership changes, the chaos between the scenes will surely continue.

Yes, the irony of Melnyk demanding character players...

Reactions: JetsHomer

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
The presser. It's a big deal. He was supposed to speak at 1p. Over an hour ago.
Eugene is making them sit there. Punishment for not praising his after hours promotional video.

Should’ve got the sham wow guy. That fellow could rock a late night ad.

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
Everytime i see Erik Karlsson on his new team step on the ice or play the puck, i am going to yell **** YOU MELNYK!!!!!!!!!!!!.
What if he's traded to the Golden Nuggets? Will you instead yell "f*** YEAH MELNYK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Eugene is making them sit there. Punishment for not praising his after hours promotional video.

Should’ve got the sham wow guy. That fellow could rock a late night ad.

He died. Borowieki was Option B. Melnyk didn't know the difference anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->