Rumor: Erik Karlsson Mega Thread Episode V - If You Needa Post About Him, Do It Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
I know the players dont like Melnyk but what specifically has he done in such a short time to cause this internal friction among the players and owner?

Amongst other things, the guy meddles in hockeys ops, allegedly has sent extremely unprofessional (to put it lightly) emails/texts to players, has imposed an internal budget that has killed the team's ability to operate hockey ops effectively (ie. getting value in trades), is unwilling to commit to players long term for no apparent reason (Turris, allegedly).

There are more than likely a slew of other incidents between owner/player that we are totally unaware of, but the players know about.

Guys just simply don't feel like they can win in this organization, and I can't blame them. When the goal is to save money rather than win, you get guys who want out. It's as simple as that.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
Melnyk still has Dorion in the woodshed after giving Stone 7.3 million ... he's put a call in to Randy Lee so we may have to wait a while.
"7.3 MILLION?! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY GOLF SESSIONS THAT IS FOR ME PIERRE?!?"

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
is unwilling to commit to players long term for no apparent reason (Turris, allegedly).

Well the Sens correctly assumed that they needed an upgrade on Turris and be a true contender (no one talked about how ice cold Turris was down the stretch in the playoffs this season). It sucked because Turris was probably well liked by the players, a fan favourite (scored a few huge OT winners in the playoffs) and was implicated with the community in a big way.

We can fault Melnyk for a lot but deciding to upgrade on Turris was a shrewd move that needed to happen. Unfortunately it didn't pay off.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Sigh. I really want it to be TB. I think it's going to be Vegas, though.

The move for Patches shows Karlsson that they're committed to trying to win now and they have the pieces to get it done.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Sigh. I really want it to be TB. I think it's going to be Vegas, though.

The move for Patches shows Karlsson that they're committed to trying to win now and they have the pieces to get it done.
I still think it's a huge risk for him to sign there long term. They may be great this year but there is a great possibility that they revert back to a traditional expansion team as far as a build goes.

That could mean A LOT of year for EK in the same situation he is trying to escape.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
What do the bolts have to offer to a rebuilding team like the sens? Serious question. Is trading away sergs really a smart move for bolts? I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->