Rumor: Erik Karlsson Mega Thread Episode V - If You Needa Post About Him, Do It Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Well it looks like this thread is on its last legs. Gentlemen, its been a privilege.

9MvI.gif

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Hot take,

Karlsson will play for an NHL in the 2019/20 season.

BOOK IT

Also, what is the likelihood that Duchene, Karlsson, and Stone all sign with Colorado and form a super team with the newly drafted Jack Hughes? High enough chance to book it?

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Only thing worth all the time spent waiting and reading these threads would be a trade to Florida.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Hot take,

Karlsson will play for an NHL in the 2019/20 season.

BOOK IT

Also, what is the likelihood that Duchene, Karlsson, and Stone all sign with Colorado and form a super team with the newly drafted Jack Hughes? High enough chance to book it?

Inb4 he doesn't get traded and chooses to sit out for the season. :naughty:

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Xanner

Aug 2, 2009
Should i be surprised that this trade hasn't happened yet? i totally forgot that this was a thing, where or where is EK going? I can't imagine Ottawa screwing this deal up, well i can imagine it but i just don't think they will although i never thought we would trade Dion without retaining money so...

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Should i be surprised that this trade hasn't happened yet? i totally forgot that this was a thing, where or where is EK going? I can't imagine Ottawa screwing this deal up, well i can imagine it but i just don't think they will although i never thought we would trade Dion without retaining money so...

Vegas now got one Karlsson wrapped, might as well grab the next!

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I guess they figure hey if we dont have a 1st round pick and a deal we get now for Karlsson wont be much better than one we get at the deadline (if better at all), might as well see how our team does to start the year and if we contend then maybe it makes it easier to re-sign their guys or more time for possible ownership change to fix everything. Sounds like they arent getting good deals now, so I see them trying to salvage this season because they still have some guys who can play. Start a proper rebuild next year if it looks like the roof is coming down.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Karlsson will play this entire season in Ottawa and then leave as UFA. If he starts the seaon in OTT, he ends it in OTT>

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
While Skinner was dealt last week, so august trades are possible, I doubt anything happens.

Could be like the Duchene situation (though he wasn't a ufa to be, had 1 and 2/3 years left) where he shows up, gets dealt a month-2 months in.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Have not been following this for a while, but is Miles Wood, Damon Severson, Michael McLeod and a lottery protected first better than any offer that's been bandied about that doesn't involve either Sergachev or Heiskanen?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
They can 100% forget Ryan by the TDL, it's now or never.

This may sound odd but I really think they are trying to see if they can win this year. I think if they can rally around each other that could flip a switch among the guys there if things go well. If they arent in the playoffs but some guys are looking really good then they can get really good compensation for them. Might be better than what they are getting now. Also Dorian can kind of save his job by saying, I never got anything good enough to trade them during the offseason. Helps avoid that criticism pretty well.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Have not been following this for a while, but is Miles Wood, Damon Severson, Michael McLeod and a lottery protected first better than any offer that's been bandied about that doesn't involve either Sergachev or Heiskanen?
That’s a bunch of spare parts and a lotto protected pick. I’ll pass.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
Karlsson will play this entire season in Ottawa and then leave as UFA. If he starts the seaon in OTT, he ends it in OTT>
Thats the stupidest thing I've heard today. The league took notice when Tavares left; every GM and owner thought "I better not EVER f*** up that bad."

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Thats the stupidest thing I've heard today. The league took notice when Tavares left; every GM and owner thought "I better not EVER **** up that bad."
You must of not heard much today, then.

If they aren't dealing him now because the offers aren't good enough, why would they deal him at the deadline when the offers aren't going to be any better than they are now, possibly even worse?

I'll wait for what will no doubt be a super well thought out response.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa

If they aren't dealing him now because the offers aren't good enough, why would they deal him at the deadline when the offers aren't going to be any better than they are now, possibly even worse?

I bet you a name change that we trade him before we let him walk. If you disagree with this, then stop saying he walks UFA unless you mean he walks AFTER HES TRADED.

Deal?

Reactions: Mr Zappalanche

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016

somethings better than nothing? Plus by the deadline they are probably going to be dang positive that he won't be coming back.

If they are somehow in the playoff race I guess they would keep him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad