Proposal: Erik Karlsson for Bo Horvat

Jan 21, 2018
lol some of the nucks fans in this thread are clueless. if that was actually on the table you make that deal instantly and then flip karlsson for futures that will amount to way more than what Horvat brings.

A 2nd line center for the best dman in the league and there are actually people saying no.

Reactions: Bigboi123

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Ironically, + or - a pick, I think the offer is pretty damn fair, if EK is going to a win-now team. EK is a rental and a pig-in-a-poke with an injury you never fully recover from, in fact I expect him to get worse as he gets older and that's a hard thing for me to say because I love the guy for his character and resolve; there is no other player in the league today imo with the kind of willpower and resolve that EK has shown to play in the condition he's in. That's heart of the highest level.

I want to see EK hoist the Cup and I want to see that with the Sens, frankly, but if you really want to move him, I think at the end of the day (+ or - a pick), this is the going rate.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
This isn’t even a remotely feasible trade. If Karlsson is unsigned Vancouver says no. If Karlsson is signed this is a laughable offer for him.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Not at all a #1C in any sense of the meaning considering he was offensively sheltered by Sedin & defensively sheltered by Sutter. Try again when he's atleast put up 2-3 more seasons of solid 1st line play

You don’t watch the Canucks much do you? 1C? Not atm. Sheltered by Henrik and Sutter? Lol

Horvat has very limited upside. He's basically Ryan Kesler - and a player like that doesn't get you a week of the best defenceman in the world.

If you’re talking about prime Ryan Kesler then yeah. If you’re talking about now Ryan Kesler? Then you’re just flat out wrong

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Sens can do better than an overrated 2C who was only once cracked 50 points

How uninformed can one be. This is his fourth season. His first year he was on the fourth line and this year he missed 20 games.

Hahaha Lol. No. The only people that consider Horvat a #1C are Canucks fans and that's because they vastly overrate him (just look at your post).

RCS? Is that you?

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
I have horvat as a very low end 1c or very good 2. Close to 30th best center.

Which is exactly what he is. The good thing? If all goes well that's all he'll need to be with Pettersson as the 1C. He was on pace for 30 goals this year, and is almost surely going to be the next captain. While a guy like that isn't worth Karlsson signed, trading him for one year of Karlsson would be beyond stupid.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Right when you said "tremendous defensively" I knew you were just another Canuck homer that talks in hyperbole. Living in Vancouver has taught me one thing - Canuck fans are seriously delusional. I like Bo, he's a solid #2C moving forward who should give you 50-60 points every year. But he's nowhere close to a #1C.

A 60 point Center is borderline 1st line Center these days. I didn’t say he’s an elite Center, but he is a low end 1st like Center who has been constantly improving. With Boeser on his wing for a full season again he’s good for 30-30 at least

Reactions: GoodbyeLuongo

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
These posters are letting the crest on the sweater blind them.

These posters are reasonable.
Sorry perhaps people misunderstood my post.

Erik Karlsson>>>Bo Horvat

Soon to be 28 year old Erik Karlsson with one year left on his contract doesn’t make sense to acquire for 23 year old Bo Horvat who’s locked up long term. Value wise it’s great for Vancouver, it just doesn’t make sense age and contract wise for where our team is at.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Dont really understand the point of this move for either club TBH
Exactly. Duchene-Horvat would be a great 1-2 punch but not at the expense at an elite franchise #1 dman.

Ottawa will probably be looking at a package deal of youth and a lesser dman. For example(this trade makes no sense but value wise)

Tanev+Gaudette/Virtanen+1st 2018(Top 9 at worst)

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
This is a terrible proposal.

I guess this helps explains why Canucks fans think Ryan has massive negative value whereas Loui Eriksson does not - delusion.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Sorry perhaps people misunderstood my post.

Erik Karlsson>>>Bo Horvat

Soon to be 28 year old Erik Karlsson with one year left on his contract doesn’t make sense to acquire for 23 year old Bo Horvat who’s locked up long term. Value wise it’s great for Vancouver, it just doesn’t make sense age and contract wise for where our team is at.

Yeah I don't think any of us are trying to say Horvat is better. But we cannot trade him for one year of Karlsson. But if people think we're not going to defend our player well...

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
This is a terrible proposal.

I guess this helps explains why Canucks fans think Ryan has massive negative value whereas Loui Eriksson does not - delusion.
Lol nobody said Eriksson doesn’t have negative value. However he sure the hell as much more value then Bobby Ryan. Waaay less Salary your owner has to pay plus almost 1.5 million cheaper cap hit. You’d have to give up a pretty good piece to swap Ryan and Eriksson.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The timing for Van to do this type of deal isnt now....Let them build up a young core a bit more first

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
A 60 point Center is borderline 1st line Center these days. I didn’t say he’s an elite Center, but he is a low end 1st like Center who has been constantly improving. With Boeser on his wing for a full season again he’s good for 30-30 at least

Horvat is the only 60 point center in the NHL to never actually hit 60 points. I wonder why...

Lol you’re the biggest leafs homer there is.

Let’s see:

Horvat
Pettersson
Gaudette
Sutter

Seems pretty good to me. Oh, and we can draft Wahlstrom this year.

Where’s your defence?

Is that center depth supposed to be impressive? No true #1C and we don't even know if Pettersson can be a center in the NHL.

And our defence is in the playoffs. How's golfing season right now for the Canucks?

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
LMFAO. Bo Horvat is a underrated low end #1 Center with huge upside and tremendous defensively. We’re not trading our #1 Center for a #1 dman in his prime with one year left, because by the time we can contend he’ll be old. Oh and if you think Horvat is an overrated #2 Center then GTFO as you have no idea what you’re talking about
Okay slow your roll just a little bit. He doesn’t have “huge upside”, but he certainly could be a 1C

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->