Proposal: Erik Karlsson for Bo Horvat

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
These posters are letting the crest on the sweater blind them.
You don’t get a signed rising star for an unsigned(1 year to go) broken guy.

LMFAO. Bo Horvat is a underrated low end #1 Center with huge upside and tremendous defensively. We’re not trading our #1 Center for a #1 dman in his prime with one year left, because by the time we can contend he’ll be old. Oh and if you think Horvat is an overrated #2 Center then GTFO as you have no idea what you’re talking about

These posters are reasonable.

As a canuck fan id do this value wise but the canucks arent in a position to make this type of deal

Very good for the Canucks, but, objectively, the trade is awful.

What the heck are some Canuck fans smoking here... I take this deal and run like a bandit. Canuck can easily extend Karlsson with the cap space once we get him. Not often a #1 defensemen becomes available for the cheap haha.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I think both fanbases would be disappointed, if this happens

LOL no, Vancouver fans would feel like they just won the lottery. Plus they might actually win another lottery in 11 days.

Horvat is a hell of a young player, but he isn't and most likely will never reach the level of Erik Karlsson. It's nice to see the Canucks fans who realize that, but the ones that wouldn't do that one for one are blinded a bit.

If VanCity does pony up for Karlsson, I could see him re-signing there. A very bright future and a lot of Swedes. Plus he loves Canada. And judging from recent events, it seems like they treat their franchise players properly, all the way to retirement, unlike Mr. Melnyk.

Reactions: Aerrol
Feb 24, 2017
So Horvat is a rising star and Karlsson is broken?
No agenda here...:eyeroll:
You caught me.

The serious part of my post was that no team is going to trade their best center who is signed for 5 years for any d man who has only 1 year left. Not without being able to work out a deal first. And then I’m guessing this deal is no longer offered.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
Horvat is a more proven young player than the Senators are going to end up getting for Karlsson due to his contract situation.

Also, Vancouver is the complete opposite of a team that should be in the market for Karlsson.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Makes little sense for either team, on top of that the value is completely off. Try Horvat+Juolevi as a starting point.

Reactions: branch

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Lmao what an offer. A 50 pt centre for one of the best players in the league. Someone drank the Koolaid.

Reactions: pmwlker

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
You caught me.

The serious part of my post was that no team is going to trade their best center who is signed for 5 years for any d man who has only 1 year left. Not without being able to work out a deal first. And then I’m guessing this deal is no longer offered.

I can agree with the bolded and I'm fine agreeing that it wouldn't be in the best interest of Vancouver to do the trade but the value is heavily in the Canucks favour. If there was a deal in place, the add to Horvat would be huge. Probably your 1st plus Juolevi.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
So you start off by saying Horvat has limited upside then proceed to say “he’s basically a selke winner”.

Weird post.

Is today's Ryan Kesler anywhere close to a Selke winner?

Even if he were, those guys hold a significantly lower value than Norris winners.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Not saying it is fair value, but why does Vancouver do this? They are a rebuilding team right now and why give up a #1 centre with a bright future for one year of Karlsson, when the team has no chance of winning right now. Karlsson at one year is not a good trading partner with a lot of teams, Vancouver included.
How many teams are willing to give up the farm for a year of Karlsson. How many hae no interest in Karlsson as he doesn't fit into their future plans? How many of the high end teams have elite prospects and cap space? How many of those that do want to risk a big piece of the future? How many of those teams already have a similar positional player and have more important needs like say Dallas? It will have to be elite prospects as the first will be 25-30. All those factors drive his value down like it did with Kessel.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
What the heck are some Canuck fans smoking here... I take this deal and run like a bandit. Canuck can easily extend Karlsson with the cap space once we get him. Not often a #1 defensemen becomes available for the cheap haha.

It takes two to tango. Doesn't mean Karlsson wants to Sign with Van.

Feb 24, 2017
I can agree with the bolded and I'm fine agreeing that it wouldn't be in the best interest of Vancouver to do the trade but the value is heavily in the Canucks favour. If there was a deal in place, the add to Horvat would be huge. Probably your 1st plus Juolevi.
This is what I said too. If he was made available for contract discussion then bo is not enough.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

member 105785

It's a good deal for the Canucks on paper but they aren't in a position to make that kind of deal. Just ask Vegas instead, they'll probably give you Glass and a few 1sts

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
LMFAO. Bo Horvat is a underrated low end #1 Center with huge upside and tremendous defensively. We’re not trading our #1 Center for a #1 dman in his prime with one year left, because by the time we can contend he’ll be old. Oh and if you think Horvat is an overrated #2 Center then GTFO as you have no idea what you’re talking about

Right when you said "tremendous defensively" I knew you were just another Canuck homer that talks in hyperbole. Living in Vancouver has taught me one thing - Canuck fans are seriously delusional. I like Bo, he's a solid #2C moving forward who should give you 50-60 points every year. But he's nowhere close to a #1C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->