Injury Report: Erik Karlsson (Done for Season with Broken Thumb)

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
I mean the team has been arguably better without Couture and Hertl, this is obviously just going to make us get even stronger.

Sharks are going to rally around each other, go on a 15 game win streak, get into the playoffs and somehow win the Cup with Barclay Goodrow as our #1 center. Doug will then trade him before the draft for the 1st overall pick.

also I have a pretty bad sinus infection so my thinking may be impaired

Thats a funny way of saying snorting something!

Reactions: Sandisfan

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I wonder how Ottawa fans feel about Karlsson nowadays? I feel like there must be a large contingency that gloats over anything bad that happens to Karlsson's career.

dude...Karlsson is an Ottawa legend, he’s loved here. It’s sucks to see Karl injured.
It’s the owner who is despised.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
More down! Who's next?!?!
HzlDChS.jpg
Its timo's time

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I wonder what the actual injury looks like. Must be bad because a simple break should allow him to come back for the last few games. If he's having surgery though it must be awful.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
But why bring him back, it's pointless
To a fan sure. But players like to play and you want to be there for your teammates. I broke my big toe in a tournament played the remaining games because I love playing and I didn't want to leave my team short handed and I'm not even getting paid. But that wasn't even the point of my post. It's that it must be pretty bad. Much worse than a simple break.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
I'll take a stab at making SJ a contender again next season. Trying to make it semi-realistic.

Flame away. ;)

Burns (3 team list) traded for a 1st in 2021.

Couture + 1st (from Burns') + 1st for Scheifele.

Sign Pietrangelo as UFA for 10.5 mill.

Trade Jones for a 2nd.

Sign Lehner as UFA for 6.0 mill.

Trade Vlasic for young B+ level prospect

Sign Hall as UFA for 8.5 mill

Sign Armia as UFA for 2.5 mill.

Sign Eric Staal as UFA for 3.5 mill.

Kane-Scheifele-Meier

Hall-Hertl-Labanc

Goodrow-Staal-Armia

Sorensen-Bergmann-Noesen

Ferraro-Pietrangelo

Dillon-Karlsson

Simek-Heed

Lehner
Dell

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I'll take a stab at making SJ a contender again next season. Trying to make it semi-realistic.

Flame away. ;)

Burns (3 team list) traded for a 1st in 2021.

Couture + 1st (from Burns') + 1st for Scheifele.

Sign Pietrangelo as UFA for 10.5 mill.

Trade Jones for a 2nd.

Sign Lehner as UFA for 6.0 mill.

Trade Vlasic for young B+ level prospect

Sign Hall as UFA for 8.5 mill

Sign Armia as UFA for 2.5 mill.

Sign Eric Staal as UFA for 3.5 mill.

Kane-Scheifele-Meier

Hall-Hertl-Labanc

Goodrow-Staal-Armia

Sorensen-Bergmann-Noesen

Ferraro-Pietrangelo

Dillon-Karlsson

Simek-Heed

Lehner
Dell

I don't hate most of what you've done but I don't think it's realistic. Burns brings more than a 1st, Scheifele isn't worth an additional 1st along with Couture. Considering Coutures playoffs I'm not sure this isn't a 1 for 1. Not sure why 'Peg makes that trade for the older player though. UFAs are going to be reluctant to sign in SJ due to taxes and a lack of LA. Would love to add the guys you said but there is just no way this many moves actually happen. Sharks "might" get rid of one of Jones, Vlasic or Burns but I have trouble believing all 3. Adding 5 UFAs is a pipe dream too. Especially 3 of the top UFAs. Dillon and Heed aren't going to be Sharks next season and I really like Dillon and prefer keeping him at this point over Vlasic and maybe even burns long term.

Last edited:
Reactions: themelkman

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
I don't hate most of what you've done but I don't think it's realistic. Burns brings more than a 1st, Scheifele isn't worth an additional 1st along with Couture. Considering Coutures playoffs I'm not sure this isn't a 1 for 1. Not sure why 'Peg makes that trade for the older player though. UFAs are going to be reluctant to sign in SJ due to taxes and a lack of LA. Would love to add the guys you said but there is just no way this many moves actually happen. Sharks "might" get rid of one of Jones, Vlasic or Burns but I have trouble believing all 3. Adding 5 UFAs is a pipe dream too. Especially 3 of the top UFAs. Dillon and Heed aren't going to be Sharks next season.

"I have a dream". :)

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I'm thinking compound fracture or spiral one to write off the season so quickly. Otherwise, a simple fracture would likely keep him out for a month.

Particularly since the Olympics is a couple of years away. More free reign on drug treatments to speed up the healing like Stamkos, and that Raven's player.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
OK, so who drank Jobu's rum?

Anyone want to supply a goat we can sacrifice to break our curse? I'd suggest using a virgin, but I figure they're way harder to find these days than a goat....

Reactions: Nth Turtle Reborn

PackShark

Oct 7, 2017
Is anyone from the Cuda worth giving a shot? Roy maybe?

I was wondering about Roy the other day and if the organization still considers him a part of the future. I know he caught some really tough breaks with injurious early on in his time in the system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad