Injury Report: Erik Karlsson (Done for Season with Broken Thumb)

LeftHeartInSF

Left Heart In SF
Dec 1, 2011
San Francisco/Boston
More down! Who's next?!?!
HzlDChS.jpg

Reactions: Crazy Joe Divola

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
So is the only reason that he's done for the season because realistically he would come back with 1-2 weeks left and it's not worth risking further injury on a lost season? Never heard of a broken finger ending a season this early.
I'm thinking they pretty much know it's over now and don't even want to risk anything just to potentially make Ottawa's pick a little less valuable.

This entire season has been a waste. May as well get healthy and start with a clean slate next season. This team isn't as bad as they are now going forward imo.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I feel for Erik. He has endured more than most people in such a short time. I know he got paid handsomely but money isn’t everything. I’m happy him and his wife are able to have their child. I am thrilled that he wears the teal sweater. Seeing him out for the rest of the season makes the remainder hard to swallow.

Reactions: Star Ocean

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
On the plus side, Sharks now have 17M in cap space to acquire expiring contracts for picks/prospects.

very good point, Doug can actually move a bigger contract now because he’ll be able to give a team the full salary relief they need to take on a big contract at the TDL that most teams require in an offseason deal. Probably still won’t happen but Doug has a lot of options now to recoup some serious future assets.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
On the plus side, Sharks now have 17M in cap space to acquire expiring contracts for picks/prospects.

I assume you meant "the sharks now have $17m in cap space to acquire players in exchange for picks and prospects in order to try a longshot desperation run and make the playoffs"

Merkley, Chmelevski, 2nd, 2021 1st for some gritty playoff hero 2nd pair d-man and a broken former 20 goalscorer here we come!

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
I assume you meant "the sharks now have $17m in cap space to acquire players in exchange for picks and prospects in order to try a longshot desperation run and make the playoffs"

Merkley, Chmelevski, 2nd, 2021 1st for some gritty playoff hero 2nd pair d-man and a broken former 20 goalscorer here we come!

obviously. What did you think I meant?

Reactions: Sandisfan

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I mean the team has been arguably better without Couture and Hertl, this is obviously just going to make us get even stronger.

Sharks are going to rally around each other, go on a 15 game win streak, get into the playoffs and somehow win the Cup with Barclay Goodrow as our #1 center. Doug will then trade him before the draft for the 1st overall pick.

also I have a pretty bad sinus infection so my thinking may be impaired

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad