Injury Report: Erik Karlsson (Done for Season with Broken Thumb)

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
e792a37dffd1853b81917e582fe92589.jpg

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
That's one hell of a broken thumb. ~6 weeks for breaks so yea he might have come back for the last week or two. No reason to rush back

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
This season is some Looney Tunes ass ****.

For some reason it made me think of the quote from Zombieland.

And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland. It's amazing how quickly things can go from bad to total shitstorm.

Though to be honest, it has been shitstorm for a while for us. Shitoranado.

Reactions: Sandisfan

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I wonder how Ottawa fans feel about Karlsson nowadays? I feel like there must be a large contingency that gloats over anything bad that happens to Karlsson's career.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
Might as well get all of the injuries out of the way this year. I’m sure the league just thinks it’s karma for ruining Vegas’s chances last year.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
So is the only reason that he's done for the season because realistically he would come back with 1-2 weeks left and it's not worth risking further injury on a lost season? Never heard of a broken finger ending a season this early.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
So is the only reason that he's done for the season because realistically he would come back with 1-2 weeks left and it's not worth risking further injury on a lost season? Never heard of a broken finger ending a season this early.
Imo that's the reason. I ain't a doctor but I think he could probably play after a month, but with severely diminished puck control and be healthy around the beginning of April. though with the way the season is going, why even bother

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

I know. And the way they moved him to IR right away? Didn't do that at all with Couture or Hertl. Seems strange.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad